Notices

Want to have a drink

Old 12-10-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Want to have a drink

HI I'M NEW TO THIS , SO BARE WITH ME. I'AM A ALCOHOLIC. BEEN SOBER FOR 5 HUNDRED, AND 98 DAYS. I HAVE DUI'S, WHEN TO COURT WAS GIVEN SLAP, MADE TO GO TO SELF HELP PROGRAM, WHICH I DID. EVERY THING WAS SENT TO ME IN THE MAIL ABOUT EACH PROGRAM. BUT AA SLIP AND WHEN TO . I DID GO TO MEETING 3 TIMES DID NOT AVE PAPER WORK, STOPPED GOING. NOW I GET COURT ORDER FOR COURT, BECAUSE I DIDN'T GO. GOT THE SLIPS WHET TO BACK TO MEETS RIGHT AWAY. ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA OF WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME AT COURT TODAY. SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG.... BUT ANY THING WILL HELP ME CALM DOWN, AND NOT THING ABOUT THE BAR DOWN THE ROAD.<br>
Old 12-10-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's okay, if it makes you feel any better I have wanted to have a drink all day to. I am okay now though. So my point is just keep putting it off, hold off a little longer, and it will pass. It's hard to stop thinking about it, especially when you want it so badly and can taste it on your lips.
Anyway just keep posting and chatting, don't go to the bar. Think how rotten you will feel tomorrow. It's just not worth it okay.

You have been sober such a long time, that is so inspiring. For me it's only early days.

Other problems (systems, paperwork, life) have a way of working themselves out. Don't stress about it ok, there is nothing you can do about that.

The best you can do *right now* is stay sober
Hugs!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dismember

Sorry, your message is a bit hard to decipher.

First, you got it right to say "be calm" and not think about any bars. That would only be petrol on the fire.

Second, courts (in my experience) are more concerned with what you appear to be doing rather than details. I'm guessing you lost some paperwork that you needed to show them, or didn't get the paperwork? Explain that you didn't get it, apologize if you made a mistake, and whatever you do, do not accuse anyone. If you know what they want, ask them for a chance to make that up.

There's no way I can assure you of any thing, obviously, since every court is different, but if you ask them to make up for something rather than have them impose something on you, it generally works out much better in your favor.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you'll be okay in court. just don't let this scare you into drinking, that would be a setback after such a long time.

like the person before you said, just show up and tell the truth, be brief and sincere and let them know you're working the program again.

the courts are very clogged with so many cases, they will probably have you out within minutes of seeing the judge and you can walk out with your chin up!