Notices

Gettin to the End

Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. so glad you found us.. The desire to stop drinking is the first step..now you have to do anything to stay sober...this forum is great and who lotta support here...I also go to AA, but I know that is not for everyone.......Stay strong and remeber it is one day at a time...stay sober for today....tomorrow is another day.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I recommend starting a "My Journal" thread. I did that the first time that I tried to quit and I made it for nearly 2 weeks before I relapsed. That was a good first effort for me. But it was a way that I could write daily and read back through my trials of the week -- seeing how I'd progressed.

I'm also a 31 y/o male with 2 kids so I can relate. Although I don't think I drank as MUCH as you - I'm still an alcoholic. And I've drank 2-3 beers nearly every day for 6 years straight.

This is my second true attempt to quit. I'm on day 3. Like was said before, take one day at a time. If you feel yourself reaching for the beer-drawer in the fridge, tell yourself "I AM STRONGER THAN THIS! I AM A MARINE AND THIS WILL NOT BEAT ME DOWN!" I told myself the same thing (less the Marine part of course) and it helped. I'm a strong willed person, as you seem to be, and I hate for things to beat me when I want in my heart to win.

Good luck brother and KEEP POSTING. When I stopped posting last time was when I relapsed.