Notices

Day 3

Old 12-09-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Well, it's day 3 and I am feeling great. I have woken up not hungover which is so nice, ran 5 miles both today and yesterday. Still feeling relieved that I have admitted to having a problem and seeking help. I reached out to a friend in recovery and she is going to take me to a meeting tomorrow. It is hard to find the time since my husband works a lot and we have 3 little girls at home. I know I need to go, but this forum is really helpful too!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by chick3 View Post
I reached out to a friend in recovery and she is going to take me to a meeting tomorrow. It is hard to find the time since my husband works a lot and we have 3 little girls at home. I know I need to go, but this forum is really helpful too!
Always good to hear that someone is trying AA meetings. My kids were 8 & 10 when I found recovery, they still attend meetings with me every week.

There's nothing that compares to F2F meetings, but I agree that SR can be a great addition to any program of recovery.

Glad you've joined us!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3...and very good you are going to go to an AA meeting. AA meetings, connecting with my higher power and the 12 steps are key for me and my sobriety. Keep posting and let us know how your meeting goes. Welcome to SR