Notices

Support for those without a group.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Good Morning Non-Groupies!

Hey Pixy,
I told my children when I was on day 4 about my sobriety/alcoholism. They are ages 12 - 20. I had tried sobriety before and I don't know if they noticed my last attempts. As the words were coming out of my mouth, that cunning voice in my head was literally whispering "But what if you fail, they will see you drinking again, you're stupid, now you're screwed!"

Talk about accountability! But today I am on day 104 with no quit in sight!

So when I recommend to fellow SRers about coming clean with their loved ones, I am making that recommendation from experience. I have tried it both ways.

When I hug my kids, I know sobriety is worth every panic attack, anxiety ridden flashback, craving, attitude adjustment, loss of sleep, and fatigue from withdrawals.

Sobriety Rocks!
Old 12-07-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Pelican Thank you, I am giving it some thought.

Gypsytears, do you find that yoga helps? Did you do yoga before you quit?
Old 12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Gypsy, I agree with staying busy. Any kind of busy. Also helps you sleep better.

Pelican, I do agree with you, too. Slowly but surely my family (and most of my friends) now knows. They don't know how bad I was, but they know that I'm not drinking.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, people. I think I'm going to talk a little break from SR. I bombed big time yesterday...I have to do some self-searching, I guess...I don't feel like I deserve to be here...I keep screwing up. I wish everyone well and I hope I can bail out my sinking ship before I plunge to the bottom. Peace.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Bam. I really hope you reconsider. You certainly are deserving of being here!

I just noticed this thread and was reading through it, this is a great thing you started.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bam, I think this is the very time you need to be here. I've always said this is not a site for people who are sober, it's for people who are struggling.

You need support, you need encouragement, you need advice - even if its not the advice you necessarily want to hear.

And dammit you belong here - I'd miss you

please reconsider
D
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Good Morning Non-Groupies!

Hey Pixy,
I told my children when I was on day 4 about my sobriety/alcoholism. They are ages 12 - 20. I had tried sobriety before and I don't know if they noticed my last attempts. As the words were coming out of my mouth, that cunning voice in my head was literally whispering "But what if you fail, they will see you drinking again, you're stupid, now you're screwed!"

Talk about accountability! But today I am on day 104 with no quit in sight!

So when I recommend to fellow SRers about coming clean with their loved ones, I am making that recommendation from experience. I have tried it both ways.

When I hug my kids, I know sobriety is worth every panic attack, anxiety ridden flashback, craving, attitude adjustment, loss of sleep, and fatigue from withdrawals.

Sobriety Rocks!
That is wonderful advice Pelican! I am trying to come clean with as many friends and loved ones as I can to give myself that accountability that you are talking about.

Sobriety does rock doesn't it!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I intend to come back...I just don't know when. It might not be a long time, or it may be a long time...
Old 12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Bam, I think this is the very time you need to be here. I've always said this is not a site for people who are sober, it's for people who are struggling.

You need support, you need encouragement, you need advice - even if its not the advice you necessarily want to hear.

please reconsider
D

Thanks, Dee.

I just feel restless...a little unsettled...my head is full and I think I need a little break. Chances are it won't be that long.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

If the answers were out there, wouldn't you have found them by now Bam?
My advice is to stay here and fight this.

Don't 'hope' you can bail out the ship - do it.

Having said all that - you seem determined - odd for you LOL.

And ok I'll agree to a break LOL

I wish you well in whatever you decide, Bam
D
Old 12-08-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Whatever you do Bam, goodluck! On somedays like today when I am feeling really low and dont feel like posting or communicating I'll still come and read. I get more from reading than posting anyways. TTYS.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

It's a weird feeling I have right now...I can't really explain it. It's not depressed feelings at the moment...it's a little different. I get like this sometimes. I feel like I want to jump out of my skin? I don't know...

Maybe I don't want to be sober? Maybe I've been fooling myself into actually believing I want to be sober? Maybe I have been putting on a sober mask when I quit? I don't know...I don't know anything. I'm mixed up. And I'm getting edgy, but not upset edgy...know what I mean?
Old 12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Bam~ I agree with the others as well. When we feel like this is when we need support the most. Stick around.

Stay Strong everyone!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi,

I've just seen this thread. Count me in please!

Bam - I know the feeling that you're talking about. I've been having weird feelings myself the past few days. Thanks for starting this group and good luck - I hope you stick around.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:28 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Bam, you came to SR because you know you need to be sober. That hasn't changed, has it?

It's easy to be here when there is no struggle. Being here and facing that struggle is where the work is. Work it. You've come a long way. You CAN do this.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:36 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

please reconsider
D
Forgive me if I say something that's already been said a hundred times as I haven't finished reading through this thread yet, but Bam, Dee is 100% right and I agree completely. You don't DESERVE to be here? Don't be silly! You don't deserve to deprive yourself of love, support, and understanding... especially when you need it most.

Do what you need to do for you, but I sincerely believe that sticking around SR would be good for you. Either way, we'll be here whenever you're ready for us.

Love,
TSH
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Maybe I don't want to be sober? Maybe I've been fooling myself into actually believing I want to be sober? Maybe I have been putting on a sober mask when I quit? I don't know...I don't know anything. I'm mixed up. And I'm getting edgy, but not upset edgy...know what I mean?
I know the exact feeling you are referring to. I've had it, many times. It's not fun. I hope it passes soon.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dear Bam, could it be that cursed drink demon getting into your head and telling to want what IT wants? To be back with it, in the chaos and miserable hell of addiction.
Please stay strong and tell it to SHUT UP and GO TO BLAZES.
Keep coming here to friends who love and admire you, no matter what.
You DESERVE only the best in life, not the pits all over again.

In my thoughts and prayers,
God bless you.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I have lost track of the convo, but I am still around : )

I have heaps to do tonight. It's my sons chrissy concert at school & then I have a dr appointment. So I should try and look half decent, lol. I did nothing today no house cleaning nothing. I just ate, and ate. I was a mopey depressing mess!
Tomorrow I shall not mope!

8 days. I am changing. I am alone right now. I could have a drink & nobody would ever know, but .....I won't!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to another sober day everyone!

Tryingto, I hope you have fun at the concert.