Notices

Im losing the battle, need to tell someone how I feel

Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
trying to get it right

wishing you well

you are a good person beth. it is not your inability to stop, it is the chemals in your brain that say feed me? this is an awful diease! it is horriably destructive!!! our minds fight against us! it is hard to give up!

but you can do it! i appreciate your posts cause i've been there done that!

blessing dear friend!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to see you Beth - and good to see you here - means you're still fighting

D
Old 03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I know I need to quit and promised myself I would work out a waty to get myself into detox. Then I met someone i really like and im all caught up in that. We get along so well that were up all night talking and drinking. They know I need to stop and offered to help me, but Ive come to realize they have a problem also. He wants me to get help, but doesnt want me to get help cause it would compleely change the dynamics of the relationship. In the meantime weve been hanging and drinking so much I got fired from my job. After 2 months we decided to live together and now I have no $ and feel like I need to rely on him the way I did john. This time is very different though cause There is love involved.
Love or not he drinks and its bad for me. hes really against drugs so thats great, but the drinking I dont know. Now that im not working im probably gonna get my butt to detox, but I fear he will still be drinking when I get out. He says no, but Im just not sure.
For a long time drinking was no fun anymore, but thats changed and it makes it harder. We have such a good time together. I havent had anything like this ever so its hard to consider giving up. On the other hand I know Im getting worse and thaty sucks.

At least he makes sure I eat. That was a real issue and I was getting sick. Im feeling better lately. Though we drink Im eating and we juice almost everyday. Im not sure I know what im doing, but love is like a drug and he intoxicates me.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

well ya got me now LOL. I know better than to argue against a love buzz.

But what would you say to me Beth if I was living with an active heavy drinker and drinking again?

For you? I'd go to detox and hope like hell he's a man of his word and stays off after you get out.

Keep posting too, ok?

D