Notices

Day 8 and a little rambling

Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 and a little rambling

Today is my 8th day without a drink. Last time I only made it 11 days so I am anxious to hit that "hump". I have had random thoughts about a drink but for the most part, they are not cravings.

I am trying to figure out why I started drinking again.... aside from being an addict, lol.... I didn't have the kids (I NEVER drink when I have my kids, thankfully) and my husband asked me to watch our business for a couple of hours and I think I felt FREE. No kids... no being stuck at home... a time for a little socializing... and it was easy to go across the street to the only liquor store in town and get two mini vodkas... so I did... and then I wanted to keep that buzz going... so on the way home I got a bigger vodka and waited until the kids were in bed and DH watching TV to have a sip. I told myself it would last over a week.... after passing out that night, I realized the next morning that I had had HALF of it... and I poured the rest out... but that didn't stop me from getting more for the next night... And I wonder why I do that? I don't feel GOOD when I drink. I am not HAPPY when I drink. I am mean to my husband and say terrible things to him... and then don't remember saying them...

Anyway, it's day 8 and I am having a GOOD DAY and that is what counts... I am so happy to be sober TODAY!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

It's what addicts do. It's not logical and it doesn't make sense. But that's what we do.

I'm glad you're back on track.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay Strong and try and remember this clear thinking on days when you want to drink. Do you have a Journal? I've found it helps me to write things down, it helps with the processing of my feelings.

Good Luck and keep moving forward~