Notices

Tramadol-free Day 5, still no sleep

Old 11-30-2008, 11:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tramadol-free Day 5, still no sleep

Hi all. I'm a newbie here as of about 5 minutes ago but I felt like I really need to reach out for wisdom/experience/love/support (anything I can get) and while I'd love to go and read all the posts, I can't stay in one spot for too long so if two seconds ago someone just wrote the same thread please forgive me.

My husband and I are both Tramadol addicts (addict seems like such a strange word to say). I make no apologies for my state right now. I don't have chronic pain, just was using because I felt that the Tram helped me focus on writing my dissertation and it is so easy to get on the internet. I was up to 30 (50mg) pills/day by the time i went off

Why no sleep...this is driving me crazy. Does anyone out there of something that will let my body calm down enough to get at least some hours? I've been smoking weed like crazy to get me to go numb...doesn't work. I've tried Benedryl and Nyquil which makes things much worse. Please please please somebody help!!!

Does anyone know
Old 12-01-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey FullofThanks and thanks for posting!

I personally do not have experience with this drug, however, you may want to check in with your Dr. & let him/her know about this and get help in detoxing. Should you not go that route and do this on your own (I have no idea the side effects of stopping this drug).... drink a lot of H20 to flush out your body.

I used to drink Nyquil and take whatever seemed to cause drowsiness in my medicine cabinet and it always made me feel sicker. After abusing myself for so long, it's a natural reaction for me to want that detoxing fix with something to help limit the pain and make me somewhat comfortable. There's really nothing for me but time and getting to the other side of the "seemingly" endless hell from the physical discomfort. It does pass and sleep will come again for you, my friend!

Best of luck on your journey! Please keep posting! You are not alone!

:ghug3
Old 12-02-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Nicki I really didn't think that anyone would write back to me! It really means a lot to me that you took the time...really. I actually did sleep last night for almost 6 hours, I still feel really worn down but at least now I see that light at the end of the tunnel. What's your story?