Notices

I just need some help

Old 11-28-2008, 12:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just need some help

I really hope I am in the right place and if not don't shoot me
I don't know really where to turn because I have never dealt with anything like this ever, but my mother just passed away. She was an alcoholic. It's such a strong statement and takes a lot for me to say. She just turned into a different woman over the years, and it was not my mother. This is my first holiday without her and I can barely write this post. I am no stranger to forums but not of this type. I love working on my mustang, and my Mom could NOT get enough of riding in my car. My very first car was a 94 cobra and she had to test drive it first, needless to say I then realized my mom was an awesome driver!! I have no idea how to cope with her death and I hope I am not posting in the wrong type of forum, but I'm spiraling into such a depression lately that I could use just any advice at all. I think I have the same question as anyone else who just lost a parent...what do I do now?

love
Wesley
Old 11-28-2008, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Welcome to SR Wesley:ghug

I am very sorry about your mother's death. Thanksgiving must have been an uncomfortable day for you. The holidays are tough to get through when we are missing important people from our life. You have shared some wonderful memories of your mother with us, may they bring you comfort in your future.

You have come to a wonderful place of sharing and information. Please make yourself at home here. You may want to post under the Families and Friends forum also.

I'm must be a tad older than you. I have a daughter old enough to drive. We bought her a mustang convertible (used) when she graduated two years ago. My mother was in final stages of cancer and I was her care giver at the time. My mother and daughter were thrilled about the car. We are a family of mustang lovers! My brother still has his 66 that he and dad rebuilt while he was in high school.

What do you do now? Live each day to the best of your ability. Remember the good times, the fun times and the love. Seek professional help for the depression if needed.

We are here for you to offer you support.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi there, Wesley... and welcome!

My boy passed away a few years ago (wasn't supposed to be able to have him -- hence, my miracle baby!!). The pain, hurt and anguish was like nothing I'd ever experienced! I never thought I'd be able to get through the holidays, his birthday and especially his death day without that horrible ache inside me. I still feel the pain, sometimes sharper than other times. However, it has changed -- it doesn't completely overwhelm me anymore, thank God!

I believe that we need to give time - "TIME". It's a horrific thing to deal with - losing loved ones!... It's helped me to focus on the celebration of his life rather than the grief of my loss.... but again, that took time. Talk as much as you can about it. Get it out. There are also grieving groups that deal with this matter. Coping seems unbearable at times, especially right now. You are not alone by any means!!
:ghug2
I lost my mother to alcoholism and other addictions years ago. I didn't deal with any emotions from her death. I numbed myself, and ironically it took the death of my son to start dealing with her death.

Hang in there and again, talk - shout - scream it out even if you have to do it over and over again. Just get it outside of you! Thank you for posting this! :

Sincerely
Old 11-28-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome, you're most likely in the right place.