Notices

Hello everyone, I'm Jonathan

Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I'm Jonathan

I found my way to here after a constant back and forth fight to figure things out.

I wouldnt say that i crave a drink although after a crazy week i like to go out with a some friends and have a few drinks. Sometimes we will have a few drinks at each others house or what not.

There have been more than a handful of times over the past 3 years where i have blacked out and done something really embarrassing or something that i regretted. This is the only time i feel like i may have a problem, right after doing something that i feel horrable about while drunk.

I was proud of myself because more recently i have been able to have a beer or two and be fine. I do that for a while and then all of a sudden i do something really out of character which results in me feeling really stupid.

Im not sure what else to say. I am embarrased over a recent situation. Im feeling as i have before, that by saying something i am condeming myself in some way to something that isnt me. But maybe it is.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My blackouts stopped when I quit drinking.
The longer I drank..the more frequent they were.
Please read this link for information on alcoholism

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

Good to see a new member...
Welcome to SR!
Old 11-26-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Have a browse through posts - there is a lot of support and help here.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

That self-condemnation stuff after making an ass out of myself, Yeah, I can relate! The horrible feelings and the self talk of "I'll never do that again".... Yet, I did countless times. I got to the point where it was safer to drink at home, mostly alone, to avoid "the morning after" crap of "what did I do", "what did I say"... yada yada.

I can't "manage" my drinking. A couple of beers with friends -- those were the days! I could do that recently but yet come home and start the binge cycle which would go on days around the clock.

It's good you're looking at things and that this might be problematic for you. You don't have to go where I've gone, where many of us have gone. Check out the posts and keep expressing yourself. There's a lot of good stuff here!

Best to you,
Nicki
Old 11-27-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

this is an excellent site to read about things if you think you might have a problem with alchohol. I'm glad you are here :ghug3
Old 11-27-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I double what Ananda said and am glad you are here too. I had many embarrassing moments after drinking. I would have terrible fights with my husband and not only not remember what they were about, but that we even fought. In college I had very many shameful moments from drinking. Glad that door is closed now. On to bigger and better things. Welcome to SR!!
Old 11-27-2008, 08:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Herein. SR helped confirm what I already knew. I feel like this place pulled me from the brink. I've heard it said that it's not how often you drink, but what alcohol does to you when you do drink. I loved the early, euphoric days when it was still possible to have just a few. Those days are gone & can't come back - but oh, how I tried to recreate them. It sounds like it's a danger to you, so you're doing a wise thing by coming here. Let us know how you're doing.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 11-27-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR!

It's up to you to decide if you are an alcoholic or not, but if you have trouble controlling your drinking and it's affecting your life, then stopping drinking is a really good idea.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Originally Posted by herein1985 View Post

There have been more than a handful of times over the past 3 years where i have blacked out and done something really embarrassing or something that i regretted. This is the only time i feel like i may have a problem, right after doing something that i feel horrable about while drunk.
I know that awful feeling...the brick in the pit of your stomach. My feelings of self-loathing after a drunken episode used to radiate from me onto all those around me.

I have owned my actions for several months now. I still screw up but not nearly as often or as shamelessly as I once did.

I am learning to learn from my mistakes. All the best to you!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I'm glad you came here. I can tell you some horror stories about drinking. I've never had a problem with it myself, but my little sister totaled her cars in 3 seperate DWI's before she was even 21. In her most recent one, she hit 2 trees & a parked car before she realized that she had hit anything at all. She's bulemic and is constantly taking a variety of drugs... she's lucky that she's alive at all, really, but especially after 3 DWI's.

It's definately something you should be careful with.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm new here to and am finding out it is a really good place to be.
Old 11-27-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Breathing

Welcome to SR!!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

welcome to the family jon...

good wishes to you...

rz