Notices

Day Two

Old 11-25-2008, 07:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

SoberStephanie-
Thank you for sharing your experience. It's easy to relate to the lying you've disclosed relevant your drinking.

That's scary that you blacked out while driving! What's next? A DUI? :-/

The sneaking around!? Oh my goodness. I can recall on several occasions, especially recently, where I'd sneak shots when my fiance wasn't in the room, even though he was drinking, and we were getting a little tipsy together. Why was I doing that? Perhaps it's because I've lost control, and my booze brain has officially taken over. Well dang!

I'm refusing to live like that any more. The guilty feelings. The hiding and sneaking around. The lies. It's all terrible for the ego and self-esteem.

We deserve to treat ourselves better.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

Lisa t-

Thank goodness for your hubby! He sounds like a great guy.
So happy to have support here.
Peace to you too!

Hollyce
Old 11-25-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Well, if you're like me....you sneak the drinks because it takes you more to get tipsy than the rest of them. (Also, we drink faster than they do and it raises eyebrows) So, when they're ready to go to bed at 1 am you're just as ready as they are. When camping or partying I would take two for everyone else's one and chug it in the bathroom, behind the camper, whatever. Then walk back and drink the other one at the same pace as everyone else.

You have a lot of support here Welcome.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks! I have so many physical reminders.Congradutions for making the right dicision and cominginto recovery!
Old 11-26-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hollyce View Post
So, there's a misunderstanding. My fiance knows that I drink. What he doesn't know is that I was drunk when I crashed my bike last weekend. He even asked me if I was drunk and I said, "No." Lie! uhg.
My suggestion was to try being totally honest with him about ALL of this stuff.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's day 1 for me but a good 5 years consideration. I'm presently drinking 2 bottles of wine a night and maybe some beers aswell (if the wine hasn't written me off). My friends and associates know that I like the occasional big night out but they wouldn't know that I drink every night. I've been living in this viscious cycle for years now & I'm just tired of it all. At the same time, I don't seriously believe that I'll never have a sinlge drink again because every social thing I do revolves around alcohol and getting pissed. It's fun for everyone else and it is for me too, until I end up the 'drunkest', completely obliterated and wake up with no recollection of large parts of the evening but knowing I did something outrageous or nasty or who knows! And I know I can't have just one drink or just two - that would be great! No, I'll keep drinking until I'm incapable of gettng more alcohol (cos I'm so far gone). The fact that my partner has stuck around, is just unbelievable (he must be mad!).
I'm becoming more and more isolated as I attampt to hide my addiction from everyone, not that I've got that many people around me anymore cos I've distanced myself from everyone.
Anyway, ranting much more than initially planned!
Old 11-26-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Breathing

Welcome Hollyce!!

I have lost count of the bruises, black eyes and hell even a broken ankle that I have no clue how I got and had to make up some sort of feasible story to cover my butt.

Here's to no more blackouts, you are on the right path.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

Yay for no more blackouts! I'm just happy to think about NEVER being hung over ever again?! Crazy.

Day 4 and feeling good, other than this darn cold that's trying to crawl its way up my throat and into my head. Boooo...
Old 11-27-2008, 12:59 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

Lis,
You can do this! Getting sober when you've gotten as far into your addiction as you have is going to take some work. Have you considered going to meetings? Sounds like you (like me) need to make some new sober friends.

I talked to my mom tonight who is, I think, 3 months sober? about her meetings and she said she LOVES the ones with all women... says she's made some GREAT new friends.

Anyway... at some point, you're going to have to decide if you want to keep hiding your addiction from your friends, and lying etc... then dealing with all the negative feelings that come back to you for doing so, or to change.

I'm here for ya!
Old 11-27-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Worn out by booze

Originally Posted by lis79 View Post
It's day 1 for me but a good 5 years consideration. I'm presently drinking 2 bottles of wine a night and maybe some beers aswell (if the wine hasn't written me off). My friends and associates know that I like the occasional big night out but they wouldn't know that I drink every night. I've been living in this viscious cycle for years now & I'm just tired of it all. At the same time, I don't seriously believe that I'll never have a sinlge drink again because every social thing I do revolves around alcohol and getting pissed. It's fun for everyone else and it is for me too, until I end up the 'drunkest', completely obliterated and wake up with no recollection of large parts of the evening but knowing I did something outrageous or nasty or who knows! And I know I can't have just one drink or just two - that would be great! No, I'll keep drinking until I'm incapable of gettng more alcohol (cos I'm so far gone). The fact that my partner has stuck around, is just unbelievable (he must be mad!).
I'm becoming more and more isolated as I attampt to hide my addiction from everyone, not that I've got that many people around me anymore cos I've distanced myself from everyone.
Anyway, ranting much more than initially planned!
You're not alone Lis. My life is exactly the same. If you need a friend I'm here for you. I face the same challenges as you, albeit that my partner is now telling me no more, so its even harder. I'm really not sure of the way forward right now so maybe we should put our heads together. Feel free to PM me.