Notices

Okay, here we go again.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Okay, here we go again.

Starting back up on Day 2 again. I can't BELIEVE how hard this thing is to conquer. How hard is it to know that if we continue to drink, we will die. Dumping out any residual beer and starting over again.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by bumble2008123 View Post
I can't BELIEVE how hard this thing is to conquer. How hard is it to know that if we continue to drink, we will die.

I hear ya...hang in there!

Old 11-24-2008, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have found that this disease is relentless.

It will always be trying to play with your mind. Kow it for what it is and you can deal with it.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Breathing

You can do this!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are on day 2, that is the first two days toward a sober future. It is tough, believe me I know, but it can happen..we see it with the ole timers...we just need to listen to them. and do what they did, it can work..
Old 11-24-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Keep coming back, never forget what you are learning.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Yes it's really not easy. I can tell by the feeling my body has (Not sore in the abdomen, less bloat, no hangover, re-hydrated) that this is really where I need to be.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am glad you notice the positive changes in yourself.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it was easy to quit we would not need each other to do it. There is a lot to be said for those that stumble but keep getting back up and trying again! It is a TOUGH road and I am glad to be walking on it with you!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I found much understanding and support with AA.
It's an awesome adventure ..

Yes! we can and do win over alcohol!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Chalk up one more day I've heard a lot of good things about AA but I fear it's just not for me. My religious beliefs tend to be a little more earth-based, etc. I do appreciate the fellowship that comes from this board though and the fact that there is accountability to be had. Thank you all for that. Really.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

I really do love the feeling of going to bed sober. It's odd but it feels like a little victory that has been won every single night. I know it's not a big deal to normal people but there's something so calming about it. Once you get the thought of drinking put off as not an option for the night, a calm kinda takes over and you can focus on other, healthier things.

I am worried about the holiday weekend coming up. I've ditched the booze in the house but we have to go to so many parties this weekend. Sigh.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Yes it's really not easy. I can tell by the feeling my body has (Not sore in the abdomen, less bloat, no hangover, re-hydrated) that this is really where I need to be.

You can feel this way tomorrow too, if you hang in with me today!

Well, um...maybe the bloat will be there tomorrow...but it will be from too much PIE~
Old 11-26-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hannitized

I really do love the feeling of going to bed sober. It's odd but it feels like a little victory that has been won every single night. I know it's not a big deal to normal people but there's something so calming about it. Once you get the thought of drinking put off as not an option for the night, a calm kinda takes over and you can focus on other, healthier things.

I am worried about the holiday weekend coming up. I've ditched the booze in the house but we have to go to so many parties this weekend. Sigh.
I've discovered coffee and Celestial Seasoning's Tea. I bring my "stash" with me when I go to others' homes. Just an idea to pass along...maybe you like a certain soda...or chocolate milk! You can still have a glass in your hand~
Old 11-26-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

BumbleBee,

I gotcha, friend! Starting over & over & over again has been a routine for me. HOWEVER, at least we START OVER AGAIN! I don't know much but I do believe that until we're dead we still have a chance. I know I can't "conquer" this ever, esp on my own. I get the feeling through trial & error that I gotta work with others and get through all this one step at a time. It's hard breaking the cycle. It's really hard not doing things MY way!

Drinking has kicked my bootie big time. I gotta try something different other than just my way. I'm glad you're here & with me starting over! I'm on day 5 and it's 4 more than the first!

Nicki
Old 11-27-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Whooooo made it through the first holiday test! Of course the fact that I am sicker than a dog hasn't hurt any. *sputterhackwheeeze*

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans and a cheery Turkey wave to the rest of you!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hannitized

Whooooo made it through the first holiday test! Of course the fact that I am sicker than a dog hasn't hurt any. *sputterhackwheeeze*

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans and a cheery Turkey wave to the rest of you!

I don't know. I always interpreted "Drink plenty of fluids" differently than most!

Congrats!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

As long as you keep coming back...eventually you will stay.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

I feel crazy for posting another "ok THIS time will be it." But, here goes again. I even went to church this week. That hasn't happened in YEARS. Which reminds me, I need to find a more exciting church. :P
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You CAN stay sober, but you have to want sobriety more than you might want to drink. That's what kept me jumping off the wagon so many times - I still wanted to drink. I was beginning to lose hope of having long term sobriety but stubborn me kept getting back up and trying again.

Just don't drink for today. Today is all we have so stay sober 'now' and don't think of tomorrow until it comes.

You can do this! Never give up, never!