Notices

Okay, here we go again.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Yeah it's almost like you have to keep picking yourself up, dusting off and climbing back into the trenches.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bumble2008123 View Post
Chalk up one more day I've heard a lot of good things about AA but I fear it's just not for me. My religious beliefs tend to be a little more earth-based, etc. I do appreciate the fellowship that comes from this board though and the fact that there is accountability to be had. Thank you all for that. Really.
Hi Bumble:

I like the 12 steps, and would encourage anybody to follow them. However, I never got an "Aha" moment from them. You know, one of those moments where a viel is suddenly lifted off of your eyes and you see clearly what you didn't see before.

One need not be a member of AA to have a spiritual awakening. One merely needs to become conscious of his/her ego, that false sense of self, and the role it plays in addiction.

Peace.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Two days is a start and each day will bring new challenges and new triumphs. Keep posting, keep reading, keep coming here. There is a good thread in newcomers right now about AA which you might like to read.

I am a newbie (in my 33rd day) and I so appreciate what you say about going to bed sober - wow. Dreams are new and different too - like I remember them now!

I did not know the good stuff would be this good, and the fight to not drink is a pain in the butt but there is a reward.

Keep coming keep posting and good to have you here.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Just woke up, about to get into he shower. I was productive last night and did not think a out drinking but rather focused on work problems and impending deadline concerns. Going in early to see what I can do to help those calm down a little.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Hollyce Jones

Glad you're here, Bumble...
One day at a time... feel how good it feels to be sober!
Then hold those thoughts and feelings in your heart, especially when you are tempted to start up the ol' drinkin' again.
Remeber how good it feels to be sober!
You can do it. I believe in you...
Hollyce
Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Chalk up another day, which is surprising as it's a vacation day for me and usually that was license to drink the night before. Didn't happen!