Notices

My REAL Day 1 is TODAY

Old 11-22-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What that bartender said was out of bounds and totally unnecessary. It is not his job to comment on your choice of drink, but only to make sure he is paid for what he serves you. What a jerk. I would no longer patronize that place either.

I commend you on your clean and sober voyage! YOu are making good progress and that's all that's required of you. Progress, not perfection.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Yeah! Whose the wussy now?
Our friend stays sober and wins enough coin to pay for his meal. Sweet!

Congratulations on another day sober!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Thank you Thank you.

I miss that Thank you feature..
Old 11-22-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

How many of those codeine pills were you taking? They can be tricky bastards...
Old 11-23-2008, 07:10 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Vintersemestre View Post
How many of those codeine pills were you taking? They can be tricky bastards...
Anywhere from 2 to 4.

And not at all when I first quit drinking (50 Days Ago Today btw!!), but fairly frequently during the second half of those 50 days. Then one night my wife saw how many I had taken from her pill box and she flipped so that was a turning point for me, and it's been 7 days since I've had any.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh, that's not that bad at all then... I wouldn't even say you're physically addicted to them. Maybe if I had stuck to 2-4 and not 25-30 dissolved into pure liquid codeine I wouldn't be so screwed up right now :P

Congratulations on the not drinking for 50 days too, that's great!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

It was bad enough for me and in the past I mixed them with booze. And also in the past it was usually vicodin or percosets. These Tylenol 3's are just what happen to be around in the house but in a way they are all the same and very much NOT for me moving forward.

The AA meeting I was supposed to go to today (would have been my first) was canceled, so it didn't happen.

Soon though....
Old 11-23-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

today is really a rough day for me. I feel hard from sobriety. I have over 2 weeks under my belt and I caved.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by camellion View Post
today is really a rough day for me. I feel hard from sobriety. I have over 2 weeks under my belt and I caved.
I'm sorry to hear that. Guess it's time to pick yourself up, dust off, and give it another go.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

You know, I really like your attitude getr... You really seem to have a good grasp on yourself and your emotions. Good for you.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by bumble2008123 View Post
You know, I really like your attitude getr... You really seem to have a good grasp on yourself and your emotions. Good for you.
Thanks for the kind words.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Hi Getr,

I'm kinda late on this thread, but want to offer my congratulations on your progress and support for your continued journey. Pot's always been the hardest substance for me to give up because it seems so benign, but it's a damn succubus for me, if ever there were one, lol.

I'm glad we don't have vehicle safety inspections here (we don't even have emissions checks) because my front brakes have a warped rotor and a sticky caliper, which make the front end a bit screwy. I have no income right now, so I'm just limpin' it around the best I can.

Nice job at the bar. I go to karaoke, and neither myself nor my gf drink, and have been treated only with respect at the place we frequent. Maybe they like our singing, lol.

DK
Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

DK, hey thanks for the post and the use of a new word for me: "succubus"

The thing about pot is, I guess I just don't want to stop forever or really think I need to. I want to leave a door open there. I clearly wanted more than anything to stop drinking, break the nicotine addiction cycle, and lay off the pain pills so I did, but I don't feel that way about pot and this is coming from a fairly sober mind, these thoughts. And with Question 2 just passing in Massachusetts, I'll be damned if I'm gonna quit right when it finally gets decriminalized. I think what I really need to do is cut back and be more selective about when I choose to do it and under what circumstances. If and when I'm really ready to walk away from it for good, I think I will be able to. But it may also be harder to give up that one last thing. But that's not even true, caffeine is that one last thing, I dunno.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

LOL, I first heard the term 'succubus' on South Park...

I hear ya... it should be legal. Unfortunately, my addiction to pot is as strong as my addiction to alcohol. I need to be lifted 24/7. Otherwise...