Notices

I am addicted to Percocet and I need HELP!!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I am addicted to Percocet and I need HELP!!

I am a 27 yr old single, military mother. I have destroyed my life! I have always gotten really bad migraines, and on one specific day a special person in my life gave me a percocet to help me. At the time I had no idea what it was but it helped and took them away. I loved the feeling so much I started buying them from people, but then I left for military training and I was off until 4 months into training when I rolled my ankle. The Drs gave me percocet, and then I graduated and came home. I was addicted all over again, and I still am. I hate it so much! I use to work fulltime and go to college fulltime and have a great relationship with my daughter. I also kept up with my house and managed to have alittle fun and help people. Now I am useless! No job, no money, no school, and i'm pushing my little girl away! I know I need help, but my partner is negative with that idea. She is also addicted and has been since before we started dating which was over 4 yrs ago! I am so depressed, I hate my life! I have even ruined my dreams and goals with some of the things that I have done since getting addicted to this ****! What do I do? Where do I go for help? Keep in mind I have no medical insurance... Please if you can help me please HELP!!
Old 11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

My suggestion is to talk to your dr and get his advice on how to get off the pills.

If your partner is also addicted to pills, it's going to make it more difficult to stay focused. But, you can do it. Focus on your goal of staying clean and you will be able to do this.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi pumpkin, welcome to SR. I agree with Anna, see your doctor first. There are programs for people to detox and go to rehab for free and your doctor might know of them. Otherwise, go talk to someone at DSHS (Dept. of Social and Health Services) and ask about drug help. The red cross also has free detoxing services.

You can still achieve your dreams, you just need to get clean first.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

If you are a member there is hope! I had quite a few military members in my rehab program.

You can self refer.

You don't have to do this alone.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you

I don't have medical insurance at this moment, and I don't have the money to go. I feel hopeless and wish this would all just end. Before this, I have never touched a drug in my life. I can't say my life was ever perfect, it was far from it, but it seems like it was perfect now! I loved life and wanted to be better than everyone surrounding and now look at me!!
Old 11-16-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Medical detox is good advice. NA meetings would also be helpful as a support system.

I've never been addicted to them, but I understand how easily you can become dependent on them. I have an 81 year old roommate who is prescribed percocet as needed for every four hours. She kept insisting with the nurse that she was sure the doctor said she could have them every three hours. The nurse finally had to show her the med book to convince her. But, she asks for the med every four hours like clockwork, whether she needs it or not.

Are you not having problems with constipation? I did when I was on percocet a few years ago, and I know it's had the same effect on my roommate...most strong pain meds do that.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi! I'm just coming off of Percs, today is day 4 for me. I was taking the 7.5 mgs, about 8 of them a day. I was lucky enough to get ahold of some darvocet and tramadol, which really helped me taper down and prepare for the withdrawals. And today is day 4 with no pills at all! After a year with them, life sure feels different. But better in a way. Please PM me if you need any support, I know exactly what you're going through!
Old 11-16-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Opiate addict with 82 days clean (cold turkey) here, PM me if you need some advice. I've learned a lot in this short while.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I am assuming you were sworn in the military...
as you mentioned training in your post.

Have you checked out what is open to you via the VA?
I know they have free clinics for drug abusers.
Plus rehabs and counselors...also free to veterns.

Hope you can find your way
Old 11-17-2008, 11:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all!!

I am going to PM you KISS-
Old 11-17-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Train Wreck

Girl, I wish I had the answer too Addiction is soooo hard. I have a serious drinking problem, but also pop pills such as xanax, percocet, vicodin, roxicet, whatever i can get. I've been to so many rehabs, baker acted, arrested, etc etc etc. 11 years later, I am back on this site trying to get some help/advice/direction. I joined the Navy in 2001, but got sooooo drunk the day before I was to depart that I never reported to the MEP station! Boy was my recruiter pissed. I never took the second oath so it's okay I guess. Anyways, I just posted a thread called "I'm a drunken W-H-O-R-E." That's the story of my life =\

Anyways, best of luck and I do hope you find the help you need, I also have no medical insurance but I went to a county health center... I baker acted myself for a week, and it did help but once I got out, I started hanging out with the same people who drank and did drugs, so I relapsed

xoXOXo