Notices

Is this hopeless? I'm scared...

Old 11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this hopeless? I'm scared...

This is my first post. I have been reading others for months now, but have not been able to actually write down my feelings.

I have 3 children, a husband, a great job...and a drug habit. I didn't realize I had a drug problem until I ran out of my pills. I was taking vicoden, percocet, dilaudid, oxycontin, and xanax (not at the same time, but alternating every few weeks). I have been on one pain pill or another for almost 2 years now. My husband is the only person who knows this about me. I am on the verge of losing my job and my family if I can't get this disease under control. The depression is taking over and I'm lost.

I need some support. Please, help me through this!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR. There is lots of support and help here. Have you talked with a doctor about going off these pills?
Old 11-09-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Bunky)))

Welcome to SR!

You are certainly not hopeless. I also recommend seeing your family dr. and think about detox.

You may want to also check out the substance abuse forum, as there are a lot of recoving addicts there who have been where you are. You are welcome to post, though, wherever you're comfortable.

This is a wonderful place, full of supportive people, and I'm glad you're here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and you most certainly have come to the right place for support.

Hopeless? Never!! Many of us have recovered and of course, you can too! You are no different. There are many Moms on board too. I am glad you have joined SR. Don't ever give up and get the help you need to start action on yourself. No time like the present.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No you are not hopeless.I thought I was when I came here too.There is always hope.Please check out the substance abuse forum here.You will find many people there like yourself who have struggled with the same things and recovered.You can too.Welcome to SR.Keep posting and never give up.We're here for you,

Julesxox
Old 11-09-2008, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds brutal, if the depression is setting in, don't wait for it to come full-circle like I did, get to a doctor ASAP.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've come to believe noone, and no addictive situation, is hopeless
Welcome - keep reading and posting - I hope others a little more knowlegeable with your situation will be able to help

D
Old 11-10-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a great place for support and encouragement!

I felt hopeless for a long time but now have hope that I can live sober one day at a time!

You too can succeed in staying clean. Do check out the Substance Abusers forum. Lots of good information there. I have no insight on pills as my drug of choice was wine. But I do know that I had a very hard time staying sober but I did finally 'get it right'. You can too!