Notices

Now I'm addicted to adventure!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile Now I'm addicted to adventure!

It's two weeks into my exercise routine. I'm amazed at how quickly I can change. Routine is everything! I feel I must do something each day. It take me but a few seconds to decide and out the door I go. Where did I get so much energy? I feel addicted to moving. I went from doing nothing to doing everything. Wow, what happened? It's "routine" again! Even if you fake a routine, to begin with, it will eventually stick. That tells me that each one of us can become exactly what we choose.

Let's say, for example, I wanted to become a super hero. I would exercise and do as a super hero does, with the exception to using super powers of course. All super heroes exercise! I'll listen to some super hero music while walking around and exercising and jogging and jumping and stuff. I should slim down in no time.

You may laugh but this is exactly how changes are made. By anchoring a routine. At first, the routine is foreign to us. But then, after repeating the cycle, the pattern becomes a part of us. This is exactly how I got trapped into drinking. This process (routine) is so powerful that it takes countless lives each year. Why not use it to our advantage?

My routine is to have an adventure each day. It may be walking, running, cycling, or hiking. I try to video or photograph nature and places I visit. Today, while cycling, I found a pond with many ducks. I found a bench and sat down. They must have been conditioned because they all swam towards me. After seeing I had no food they swam away, they weren't happy. Tomorrow I'll take them bread and film my interaction with them. I am so looking forward to the adventure. I'm addicted now and sure I'll find something to do each day.

Prayers
Old 11-10-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I honestly think I'm becoming very addicted to sobriety! I feel a bit giddy about it but if I have to be addicted to something I'm sure it's a good thing that my addiction is to being NOT-addicted! ... if that makes any sense!

I'm becoming addicted to feeling good, and addicted to just "feeling" as I'd numbed my feelings so much and so often.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

These posts made me smile... thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Instead of visiting the ducks I got a wild hair and went to Stone Mountain in Atlanta. What a day! I walked for miles and miles. It feels good to feel good!