Notices

I am not a drunk I just keep relapsing.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Congratulations on day 4!
You are doing great!

I tried many times to get sober. I even tried to recruit my husband as my assitant. Failed every time. I am going to give you the same advice Carol D did. This is the newcomers forum. Go to the alcoholism forum and read the second sticky, it has excerpts from a book called "Under the Influence".

Reading that was like a light bulb in my brain. I finally understood why I could not stop drinking even though I knew it was killing me and ruining my life. There was a constant, internal battle going on between my head and heart. I knew I needed to quit, but always talked myself out of it. Finally, my head and heart are in agreement. I can not control alcohol. Alcohol controls me. I am physically addicted to alcohol. I can never safely drink again. ever. I have since purchased the book "under the influence" and read it cover to cover.

Keep reading and posting. The SR family is awesome! I'm glad you found us.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pam,

I just wanted to send you love and encouragement. I wish you well in your recovery.

Warm Regards, - R
Old 11-07-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dearest Pam, boy I wish I could give you a hug. I struggled with continuous relapses. I was frustrated and disgusted with myself. But you are doing something about it! And that is what it takes, for you and me, more than once or twice. It was a big deal for me to get to 30 days. I know whereof you speak. After trying for 6 years, I am now at 5 months sober without a drop. That is a miracle for me. AA really works if you keep going and working it. Love, Newey (Marie)
Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ordered under the influence today,,and also living sober ... thanks for the info about the book
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just wanted to update, I am 14 days sober today well actually in a few hours. Between this site and AA and doing everything I am told (well locking my sponser in this week )I am feeling stronger about this part of my life, the addiction part. I take it one day or minute at a time,which ever I have to do at the moment. There is so much love and understanding here..people really can connect and do care. Thanks to everyone for your posts and comments. I get so much from all I read. This is my priority in my life..everything else has to follow, it is the only way for me. Thanks to all of you.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

CONGRATS on 14 days Pam!! That is awesome that two weeks have already gone by. Good luck and I wish you the best on your continued success.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Keep it up Pam you're doing fantastic!!