Notices

Pretty stupid....

Old 11-06-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just think wibble you need never feel as bad as you did at the weekend ever again
Old 11-06-2008, 01:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

youre not alone in the controlled use thing..i tried it and tried it...and tried it...bottom line..its torture...i'd rather not torture myself anymore ..i tell myself everyday..its a no winner..never ever do i want 2 try it agian..im glad ur back..lesson learned..reflect when u think about it..keeps me straight everytime i remember how bad i felt after..thing is i dont have to ever feel like that agian as long as i remember the first step my powerlessness and not to take the first one..
Old 11-06-2008, 03:08 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You're right it is torture, pure and simple.

Feels so good to have stopped, honestly this time feels different. I just feel so certain that i've made the right choice.

I think even in my alcoholic brain I know that I gave "controlled drinking" the best shot I could give it. Explained away the few times I got REALLY drunk as just random events that could have happened to anyone.

When i decided to stop it was so black and white. I was actually drinking at the time. Got a glass of red wine in my hand, already had one setting in for the bottle and I just said No more.

Drank the glass i had (I mean obviously I'm English!!!!) and had no more.

Every other time I've stopped its because I've woken up in a hedge or something... but this it was mid drink.

The support on here truly is priceless. Means so much.