Notices

Just a little bit bummed

Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a little bit bummed

I was going to start therapy and outpatient this morning, and was so excited.

When I woke up this morning I realized after moving around for awhile that I wouldn't be able to go. I am still having pain, and feeling sick to my stomach from having my gallbladder removed.

I want to release this depression - and I'm fairly certain that will happen with therapy and group support and now I will have to wait until Friday to go to my intake appointment and Monday before I attend IOP.

I will just stay near SR today and do my best to keep my chin up.

Thanks for listening to my ongoing saga.

Suzette
Old 11-05-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm typing with a pain patch on my leg
so I can relate to not feeling super!

I'm going to be gentle with myself ...pray
eat healthy and absolutely know
I will feel better later.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
I will just stay near SR today and do my best to keep my chin up.
That sounds like a good, simple plan for today.

I think I'll step away from my desk as much as possible today, get outside and enjoy the cool fresh air, and notice how beautiful the day is, even if I have to break it down into the smallest of precious moments.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Suzette. Therapy is a process, not a pill. Your first several appointments are likely to be information gathering anyhow.

I have a great book recommendation for you if you are interested: "The Noonday Demon" by Andrew Sullivan. It is an exhaustive chronicle of a man's battle with depression along with the science, history, and pharmacology. Sullivan is a gifted writer, so it reads beautifully. Check out the reviews on Amazon.

Work on being internally validated in the meantime. We are not just our relationships and history. If we are continually looking for external validation, we will likely be disappointed. The more serene we are inside, the more serene the people around us become. The power of attraction...

Just get well physically first, Suzette. It will make you therapy far more effective.

Peace to you,

warren
Old 11-05-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Suzette - I am in the house today too, with my youngest son. He has a mild case of walking pneumonia - nothing that a few days of antibiotics and nebulizer treatments wont cure - but I feel a little bit of that same frustration that my plans for today are not going to work out. I am trying to be grateful that I am able to stay home and care for him and reading about your "chin up" approach helped me stay focused on that. Thanks for sharing!

I am going to step out onto the porch, take a few deeps breaths of pine scented cool mountain air, and call that a big blessing before I get back to caring for the youngun.

I need to stay close here today too. Thanks for being here Suzette. And thanks for sharing.

Jomey
Old 11-05-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A friend of mine just called to try and cheer me up, she had me laughing so hard that I was doubled over in pain, my abdomen is still in a spasm. Thank God for the laughter - I can deal with the pain.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better Suzette!

And, I think Warrens has a good point. The therapy will be a process that might take some time. I'm glad you're excited about it, and hopefully you will get started next week.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Jomey - I am praying for a speedy recovery for your son. I am praying for you as well because I know you are hurting for him. Dont you wish you could just take on your childrens pain, so that they are free from it?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
I hope you feel better Suzette!

And, I think Warrens has a good point. The therapy will be a process that might take some time. I'm glad you're excited about it, and hopefully you will get started next week.
I realize that it will take time and hard work on my part. However it will get me out of the house most mornings instead of staying in the house wallowing in depression.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

God, Suze, if I could take the pain and the sleeplessness away from my little one...I would carry it for 100 years just to take it away from him for today...I know they say suffering brings us closer to God, but how far can a child of 8 be away from Him to begin with? I know I am being a little dramatic about a minor illness, but the sleepless nights and the helplessness take their toll, as you know only all too well my friend. May God give us both the strength we need...thanks for the prayers and sending some back!

Love J
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Suzette)))))

First, please keep a bed pillow handy at all times to hold tight against your abdomen if you have to cough, sneeze, or laugh, lol It does help a lot.

Like Carol I understand pain and live with it on a daily basis.

I do believe that this was your body and your HP telling you NOT YET. Body needs to heal a bit more before we start these new things.

I do know that when I had my gall bladder out, in 04 it took a good 2 weeks before I really felt up to doing anything. I do know that the older more traditional gall bladder surgery took a minimum of 6 weeks to heal, and the newer less invasive that they do now, which is what I had still took 4 weeks before I was feeling 'normal' again.

Look on this as the time your body NEEDS to heal. Go ahead, pamper yourself. Lie on the couch, read a 'trashy novel', lol watch TV, nap, BE GOOD TO YOU.

We are here for you and we do care.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Suzette)))

Sorry your plans didn't work out, but taking care of yourself, physically, is very important, too.

Glad you are hanging around with us, and that your friend made you laugh, because laughter is very good therapy.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My mom brought dinner over for tonight She stayed and visited for 2 hours, I am feeling much better now emotionally. It turned out to be a good day.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Some times things happen for a reason.
I am glad you had a good day.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad you had a good day too. We're hangin' in at this end! Love J
Old 11-05-2008, 03:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

TooMutch

I love reading your posts. You are so down to earth and I relate to you so much. You are so honest, you do not sugar coat things and that is so refreshing.
Whenever I see you have posted I have to read.

I wish you luck.

Can I just say that it seems no matter what is thrown at you, and I know your beloved son has been ill, you always get on with things. You get up and keep going, when I doubt others could.

Best for you
B
x
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Jomey - I am praying for a speedy recovery for your son. I am praying for you as well because I know you are hurting for him. Dont you wish you could just take on your childrens pain, so that they are free from it?
And you always put so many others before yourself.
Where did you learn such skills or do you just not realise how fabulous you are?!!!!!!!!

B
x
Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Can give you my sincere good wishes for your improving health in all areas. I have one of these too:ghug3 to make you smile.

If Scotty would 'beam me up' to where you are we could have coffee and I could vacuum your house. People have done housework for me in the past when I was really sick. It was so much appreciated.

I hope you get healthier every day until you feel darn good!

Beam me up, Scotty!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

We can all beat depression... done it four times before, can be done again. Just remember that it is curable and you don't have to and won't have to feel like this forever.