Notices

My story and why its sticking this time.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that compelling story. Would love to hear other stories. How we can connect to one another.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Stories of Recovery - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I probably should have posted it there, but didn't see it until afterward.

If others want to latch on to this thread, please do. I think it would be definitely helpful.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow. You are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing a very intimate part of yourself with us!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Great story Horselover! It was my kids too who made me realize I needed to get clean. Blessings, Sheila
Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well you helped this new comer today... I still have my holey blanket, but that cleansing post just shrunk it to the size of a tissue! Thanks.

I don't know if I am truly an alcoholic or not, but I do know, that just about every negative experience, that entered my life, came in through the Alcohol Portal one way or another.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Horselover - Thank you so very much for sharing. Powerful, powerful story.
What a miracle you are!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing!

I was a very high-bottom drunk when I quit (which was only a few days ago) and I found it rather difficult to convince myself to quit because I think I'm only a "borderline alcoholic" - which still makes me an alcoholic, I suppose - but I see now that ultimately, it is about self-acceptance and feeling comfortable in my own skin, and doing something positive for myself instead of finding roundabout ways of seeking approval and validation.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

And also, what constitutes a "bottom" anyway? I hadn't lost very much, but I was in a lot of emotional turmoil.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

You all are either questioning whether you are an alcoholic or whether you've reached your bottom. These are words people. They are words I used in my 20s and into my 30s to remain with lifestyle of drinking. It wasn't until my 40s I decided what it had done for my life and what not drinking could do for my life. Drinking, as you know, had not been the friend it pretended to be. Not drinking gave me self respect, respect from others, an engaging life, an ability to relive my childhood through my son, a closer relationship with my HP, a closer relationship with my family, a more authentic self, and the ability to start learning how to deal with life with my eyes open. I wasted a lot of years trying to define my bottom and my concept of alcoholism. It was stinkin thinkin on my part.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Horselover,

Your writing is powerful you have a real gift. Thank you for sharing.
I don't need to know if I'm an alcoholic or not. I have seen too much of the wreckage of human lives, to even equate drinking with, "fun" anymore. Its an insidious Evil that weakens us spiritually. I can't believe I even enjoyed it, when it was kills more people than anything else...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

horselover thankyou for sharing so powerful and true your post well written with feeling and truth big huggs!