Notices

life in my eyes

Old 11-03-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ladyluv

Smile life in my eyes

hey i am doing good i have been sober for a month going on i know it doesnt seem like much but it has been a battle in a half. I live with my parents and my step mother is battling an addiction and so am i but i have to stay strong. so i reseach some papers on both of our addictions and i am going to confront her and talk to her so we both understand what we can do to help each other out. its hard not to drink or smoke when i am feeling down i have never had an expecrience like i have with my withdraws the other day i woke up and the first thing that was on my mind was killing myself but i know that isnt the right step to do . i dont know if i should give up and stop tryign or keep my head up and be a strong educated women, I NEED HELP if anyone has advice i would be greatly appericated.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ladyluv,

I moved your post to a thread of its own so you could get a proper welcome.

You cannot give up. This disease is relentless and you need to continue to fight. There is lots of support here.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ladyluv,

Welcome to our recovery community and well done on your decision to get sober - a month is a great start! Stick around and keep posting.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
There's no reason to give up, living a very fulfilling life in recovery is possible.

Welcome to SR, glad you've joined us ladyluv!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome. Great job on one month. Keep up the good work and dont give up, it will get better and you never know what tommorrow will bring.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sober for a month IS a lot! It was a very big deal for me cause I didn't think I could get that far. Never give up. Stay sober just for TODAY. One day at a time you'll make it!

Welcome!:ghug3
Old 11-03-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyluv View Post
hey i am doing good i have been sober for a month going on i know it doesnt seem like much but it has been a battle in a half. I live with my parents and my step mother is battling an addiction and so am i but i have to stay strong. so i reseach some papers on both of our addictions and i am going to confront her and talk to her so we both understand what we can do to help each other out. its hard not to drink or smoke when i am feeling down i have never had an expecrience like i have with my withdraws the other day i woke up and the first thing that was on my mind was killing myself but i know that isnt the right step to do . i dont know if i should give up and stop tryign or keep my head up and be a strong educated women, I NEED HELP if anyone has advice i would be greatly appericated.
Welcome Ladyluv and definitely don't give up! Never give up! If you are having thoughts of killing yourself, I would pray you would get help. Call someone and do not end your life. Nothing is worth that. Keep coming back and please keep posting. As far as your stepmom's addiction, I think its admirable you want to help her, but I think you should concentrate on yourself. Put your oxygen mask on first if you know what I mean. Please contact someone about your thoughts though. That's serious stuff!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ladyluv

WOW i want you to know you all are amazing support THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi ladyluv... Welcome to this amazing place! I have been sober now for 16 days and wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of my friends here on SR. So keep reading and posting... you CAN do this!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our recovery community...

Congratulations for starting your new positive life!