Notices

BreakFree's Place - November

Old 11-02-2008, 10:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey nice place breakfree, thanks for opening it up. I like the name. We're all breaking free from stuff, right?

I'm another one having insomnia. It seems to come and go. One week will be really bad and then it will be ok for a while. I don't want to take anything for it because I'm paranoid about putting anything stronger than headache med's in me now.

Hey, just had this thought. Having multiple threads that we can pop in and out of kind of satisfies that bar hopping / party hopping tendency in some odd way.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey, just had this thought. Having multiple threads that we can pop in and out of kind of satisfies that bar hopping / party hopping tendency in some odd way.
Nice thread BreakFree - Glad it's up and running! Waving to everyone!! I'm going to get coffee and then read the thread just wanted to say Yea that we have another place to go to.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
getting there

Ananda - in the midst of some temporary chaos at the moment, but wanted to you know that of COURSE you have our support here! Even though you provide a lot of insight to all of us, I certainly don't think there's anything weird about you asking for support in return!

:ghug3
Old 11-02-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ananda--I was just struck by your post about how much you're dealing with and how much you beat yourself up over your past. You've posted so many warm and wonderful replies, and it makes me sad to think that you're hurting. Although, recently, I've felt horrible about myself so I know what you're going through.

Oh, and I'm a huge slob. I feel like I hold on to things that keep me isolated from others. My drinking did that rather well because I didn't like getting drunk in front of others. But I also couldn't handle it when people came over to my house when it was a mess, and it was a mess so much. It's like the mess in my house reflected the chaos in my head.

I keep turning this thought over in my head--How different would my life be if, instead of beating myself over the past and think that I'm a loser, I automatically thought I was great and that people liked me. I'm going to get there!!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks all

climber....Yep I think the mess in the house was partially a way to keep people away from me.

I am working on my self talk as a friend of mine always calls it! I feel very fortunate that since i was sober and happy for many years before i returned to drinking for 8 years, I know what it is like to have self respect and be comfortable in my own skin

I just finished sorting my bills...took about an hour to do it! now to pay them From the movie The Postman..."things are getting better"

Best movie ever made...and isn't he cute !!!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This joke for you Ananda

ONCE UPON A TIME:
There were two statues standing in a park. To each side of the cobble stone walk they perched high on pedestals of carved white marble. They were boy statue and girl statue, there for a hundred years eye to eye and naked as jay birds.

One day there appeared a beautiful vision, a fairy god statue with a wonderful gift for each of them: A wish that would last the day.

The boy statue asked to be made human and with a wave of her wand there the boy statue stood naked and human. The girl statue asked to be made human and with a wave of her wand there the girl statue stood naked and human.

And then:

The boy statue said to the girl statue, ”would you like to do what I have been wanting to do for the last hundred years?”.

The girl statue then replied

Hay, have you heard this one before. Hate to think I was taking your time with an old thread bare yarn.

Ed
Old 11-02-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

oh come on ......

Old 11-02-2008, 11:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

And then:

The boy statue said to the girl statue, ”would you like to do what I have been wanting to do for the last hundred years?”.

and the The girl statue then replied," Yeah! you hold the birds and I'll sh*t on um"

Old 11-02-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks lol

now i can go do the work i've been putting off....later 8
Old 11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I like yr place Melissa
great idea!

D
Old 11-02-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((((((Ananda)))))))

Never mind any of that sh!t. When you need to vent or need support or hugs - tell us! All of us are recovering from all these addictions and problems, but all of us seem to have very well developed 'hug muscles'!

:ghug3
Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone! :)

Midas...Thank so much! It's very nice to meet you! :)

dancinggirl...I'm so glad you had a great time! Your costume is awesome! You look beautiful daaaahhhling! :)

ananda...Thanks so much for trusting us with your feelings! :) You are doing great! Have you heard of FlyLady? She helped me tremendously get my house in order when I was paralyzed by "perfectionism". Another great resource if you haven't heard of it already is Freecycle. You can unload a lot of stuff or find things you might need. It's all free and people come and take your stuff away! :) I would be honored to listen and try and lend support and advice to you anytime!

NewDayNow...Nice to meet you! I'm sorry you are dealing with insomnia too. My eyes are so messed up I can hardly focus on the screen :( But I was able to read your joke...good one! Classy statue girl, huh? LOL ;)

Hope...Hi there! It's nice to meet you! :) I'm glad to hear it eventually passes...this is getting really HARD. I'm doing all kinds of stupid stuff like filling a basket with dirty laundry, setting it on the dryer and forgetting about it until I go grab it and begin to fold it...UGGGHH! (slaps self upside the head)

joinedintime...It's so good to see you! :) Thanks! We've had a houseful today! I am hoping that the insomnia will let up soon. I feel like I'm losing my marbles and my vision! :) Thread hopping, huh?

bostonluv...Howdy! How was that coffee? I love coffee...

ClimbingUP...It's good to see you! :) You sound like you are doing great! :)

ananda...Kevin Costner is soooo handsome!

It was a long day...lots of to do around here and now I'm off to give baths and pop popcorn for the movie night we didn't get to last night. Tonight's feature presentation is....(drum roll)...Veggie Tales's "Pirate's Who Don't Do Anything!" I've got freshly air-popped popcorn (with real butter and salt, of course), M&M's and Skittles and choice of ginger ale, lemonade or water. Oh, I also have a massive bag of candy you are welcome to enjoy! Any takers?

Still haven't figured out what I am going to work on next week...I'll come up with something, I'm sure...I just wish I could think straight...

Have a wonderful evening and sweet dreams friends :)
Old 11-02-2008, 03:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Dee and least! You snuck in there while I was posting! I hope you both had a great day! Talk to you tomorrow!

Oh, yes least, we are pretty good huggers, aren't we?
Old 11-02-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Melissa!

Lovin' the new hangout! Sounds like your gonna have a good night watching a movie. Personally, I'll be watching some hockey and doing some household chores (yay..hehe) So as long as the home team wins and I get some stuff done should be a good one! Anyways just wanted to join in and say hello. Have a great night!

Bruce
Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

break!!!!!!! the pirates who don't do anything is my favorite song ... it was my drinking song though

We're the mommy's who don't do anything"......

Thanks least! 8

ordered pizza and gonna watch dexter...yieppi for sobriety!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey Bruce & Dee! This is nice to have so many familiar "faces" back and new ones also. It just goes with my peaceful mood lately.

Ananda - Thank you for your honesty. I don't think it's strange at all to share of your struggles even though your at 15 months sober. Life still goes on sober or not. There are going to be hardships. Anyway, that's a lot on one person's plate. You know that moving is on the top 5 list as the most stressful situations a person can through? Divorce, death, moving, new job...can't remember what the 5th is. Having a baby maybe?

NewDayNow & Jit - I've got the insomnia also lately. I had it all my life until I was about 25. I used every sleeping pill known to woman and alcohol and weed. Now when I get it I don't panic. I get up out of bed and read on the couch or watch a soothing movie or play solitaire. A peaceful activity that is not in the bedroom.

Melissa - I want to come over to your house! popcorn and candy and Veggie Tales? Wow. You can't beat that! Have you ever played for your kids the Walice & Gromit short stories? They are really cute.

ColaGirl - What's up with the alcohol and crying? I would wake up so many mornings with these horrible puffy eyes and wonder what the heck I had been so upset about the night before. It was always a mystery and also so embarassing that I was sitting by myself. With a drink. Crying. How pathetic is that? I think I just got a little shiver....
Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

BL, I LOVE your sig! That is so accurate! I"m going to remember that one.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well it’s been wonderful spending the day with all of you here at Breakfree’s Place. Glad you liked my little story Ananda.

It’s Sunday night here in the Commonwealth and time for my weekly IBC Root Beer float. Tomorrow is a new day.

Night all,

Ed
Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
ColaGirl - What's up with the alcohol and crying? I would wake up so many mornings with these horrible puffy eyes and wonder what the heck I had been so upset about the night before. It was always a mystery and also so embarassing that I was sitting by myself. With a drink. Crying. How pathetic is that? I think I just got a little shiver....
I know, it's the saddest thing ever! And I always feel like I'm having such deep thoughts about how the world has wronged me. I cry and cry and drink alone and feel so justified... then I wake up and I can never for the life of me remember what I was even crying about. Pathetic.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

good morning!

I'm gonna try to work hard at my job today.

I didn't get my bills paid like i was suppose to yesterday, so will work to do that tonight.

I'm sober, so i get lots more opportunities to complete the task...don't have to worry about weather or not i'll be sober enough to do it :ghug