Notices

July 2008 recovery group

Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Crazy!!

I also got some really good advice from a co-worker that I try to remember when I get too anxious, especially about the loss of my soulmate.

Thought I could share. She told me

"once you let crazy out of the box, you can't put crazy back in the box"

Helps keep me a little sane. hehe
Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome Achanceonu!!

Congrats on your sobriety. From the sounds of your posts, you are "getting" it!. I can't beleive I (God willing) will have 4 months on Tuesday (election day). Prior to this time around, I had NEVER made it to 30 days. Just goes to show yuo what can happen if you keep trying....
Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've got 112 days today! Sixteen weeks!! Never thought I'd get this far after all the relapses I've had.

Welcome achanceonu! Congrats on your sober time! Keep coming back!:ghug3
Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I enjoyed the "extra" hour of sleep last night! Looking back, when the time changed back in the fall, it was always a big night in the bars for me because there was an extra hour of drinking! (Like 24 hours was not enough). Sad but true. Anyway, I'm very happy with where I am today, and I have learned to love nyself...Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I dislike "falling back" because we lose an hour of daylight but it is nice to have an extra hour to sleep.

Glad you aren't at the bars anymore Rurdy and congrats on your 112 days Least.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Oh....this thread died didn't it? It was a good thought Rurdy so I'll bump it up. It's still a good idea and I don't want to see it become completely lost. It's probably a good thing if no one needs it right now...........

Or maybe drop the "July" part of the thread and make it the "recovery/rant thread" where people can come and just vent their frustrations/struggles if they need to. No fooling around, no judgements, just let it out and let it go thread. Just an idea.........
Old 11-05-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm tickled sh!tless on my 115th day sober!! Next MOnday I'll have 120 days! Sobriety - I'm lovin' it!!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well the drama seems to be over on the "other" thread, but I too think it's a good idea to have two. Have as much fun as you want on the other thread, but be serious here. It's not that I dislike having fun, I'm all for it, but it was hard to keep up when I only log in every couple of days sometimes. Anyway, I'm glad everyone is doing well - and someone "returned" my Big Book to me! Made my night to get the cards and such back...

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
Oh....this thread died didn't it? It was a good thought Rurdy so I'll bump it up. It's still a good idea and I don't want to see it become completely lost. It's probably a good thing if no one needs it right now...........

Or maybe drop the "July" part of the thread and make it the "recovery/rant thread" where people can come and just vent their frustrations/struggles if they need to. No fooling around, no judgements, just let it out and let it go thread. Just an idea.........
Old 11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you got your book back Tom

D
Old 11-14-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I see no one has posted in here recently but maybe this post will bring the thread up again. Sorry I havne't been good about writing in either =( I am working like a dog lately and am keeping very busy with that and with my daughter's (age 15--going on 30) activities (did I mention I am a part time taxi driver? =) he he)
so I am finding it is pretty fulfilling all in all. I do'nt have time to party!
Rudy2 I laughed when I read your post about daylight savings--that for me too was an extra hour at the bar, or at a party, or to buy more beer before the store closed, etc., pretty much every year just about. Now when I think of that it seems like it happened to a different person!
however, although i am on the 109'th day (!! wow!!) I still feel like, when I am pissed off about something, that gee, well couldn't I just go with so-n-so to wherever they are going and have one beer/drink/glass of wine? you all know the voice I'm talking about. Yeah, that voice =) the smooth talker...
always, always, always, think it through when smooth talker comes along. Smooth talker is your red flag that you gotta think before you drink! when I do this I am then repelled by the idea of being hungover. I dunno if my last hangover this summer was just the worst, although its hard to figure which one of the thousands iwas actualy, "the" worst =) (the one I remember most is one of the first, in which I drank Grolsch beer when I was 14--I remember clutching my head sitting on the front porch in the blazing brilliant sun thinking "what thehell happened?!?!")
in any case, remembering hangovers in as much detail as possible seems to help me stay away from alcohol. so that is what I do. and I try not to wallow in self pity (for too long anyway ahah, instead i gotta really get back w the exercise, have gotten away from it and am eating more junk food which I know doesn't help really and can actualy give me more cravings, which I fear could lead me back down the dark path...)
ok I tend to type in these long run on sentences! sorry about that.
boston luv good to see "you"! in your picture there w Ronald =) you are a lovely person and Least YAY! way to go!! you have really come a long way =) be proud!
thanks to everyone for keeping up the threads it's great to come back and see people here. It really does help.
keep coming back it works if you work it =)
take care all
noba