Notices

ick! Anyone else feel this way

Old 10-28-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
letting God take the wheel...

Question ick! Anyone else feel this way

I am almost three months sober...I feel soooo raw and open and so so emotional but like totally vacant at the same time, almost out of my body at times and like all zoned out...I am anxious alot of the time but regardless I have not been tempted to drink AT ALL, however I am having a hard time feeling so "open" on an emotional level or whatever it is I am experiencing..I feel like I am very sensitive around certain situations and people because their energy really rubs me the wrong way..I feel like I just want to curl up and cry and go to sleep and never wake up some days...Last year this time I was sober for three months..I did not feel this way at all....I am starting to wonder if I have a mental disease of what the heck is wrong with me....I guess I just expected this to be like the last time, but easier because last time I still resisted major urges to drink..now the thought NEVER crosses my mind..the thought of booze makes me feel sick and dirty physically and emotionally...Anyone else go through this?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What you're going thru at three months sober sounds a lot like PAWS: Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome. THere's info about it in the 'sticky' in the Alcoholism forum called "Quitting, what to expect, what we did". Check it out. My feelings were all over the map, and sometimes still are. I recognize it for what it is, and don't let it damage my sobriety.

:ghug3
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess you are just dealing with Life now without any anaesthetic.
"The good news is we get our feelings back, the bad news is we get our feelings back".
HANG IN THERE....It does get better and easier.:ghug2