Notices

dealing with alot of feelings

Old 10-27-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dealing with alot of feelings

As i am putting in more and more sober days under my belt i am starting to get more and more feelings that I havent really delt with in along time. One is with my son. I get him everyother weekend and when it is time for him to go home I get really sad and start to cry, I know that this is a good thing. It doesnt make it any easier, specially when when we haveour little corkie thing s we do and out of the blue he comes up doing them. It just makes my heart warm and fuzzy. I know that i cant change the past and have to keep going on and my sponsor keeps telling me that it only makes the next time even more special and it does. even sitting here writing this makes tears come to my eyes. I still wouldnt give up these feelings for anything, cause when i was useing I never had them or I just numbed them with booze. No matter how much I cry and does make me feel better it is still not easy, Maybe it is cause my love for my son just grows more and more. Thanks for listening had to get it off my chest.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think its great. You are sober and really there for him and so much more available. It is a great thing and I believe a huge help in keeping you on the straight line! Great job!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Shemp. The first few weeks of sobriety I recall saying I felt like a snail that's had its shell pried off. How wonderful to know that feelings of love and joy are sharpened along with the less pleasant feelings. Thanks for reminding me Your son is a lucky boy to have a parent who loves him so.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there!