Notices

Almost Relapsed

Old 10-26-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost Relapsed

Last night I came really close to relapsing - close enough that I was really scared.

There were a few of SR members that new about this and never even followed up with a PM or anything to see if I was ok.

If I am just a pest around here - feel free to let me know. I'm sorry if I sound like a big fat baby, but I have alot going on.

There are some people around here that get follow ups and PM's just for getting a fart stuck crossways.

I'm sure I am not making any friends right now - but maybe I atleast know where I stand.I've never felt like I fit in anywhere, and now I'm feeling that way here too.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have no idea what happened but
I am sorry to know you are upset.....

Keep in focus...don't let others actions or inactions
sway you from your healthy positive future.

Blessings to you and your family
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Toomuch....i went back and looked at your posts for yesterday...there was nothing there to indicate any problem, in fact you seemed upbeat....I do that too sometimes when I am actually in trouble. But just saying to remember that most of us had no idea that you were struggling...except one post in substance abuse where I rarely go.

I tend to choose a few people to express when I am in trouble, and I am trying to get better at letting in more people. When I am locked into a small support system, the chances of my getting the help I need is limited. I think that is why for me it is a WE program....a few people may not be able to be there for me at one particular time, but from a whole group of people..someone will probably be there for me....and sometimes it's someone I really didn't think I even cared for

Just my expereince with this stuff....I hope you keep posting and work through this :ghug3
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had no idea either Toomutch.

I'm sorry you feel neglected.

Stay focused on yourself and your recovery.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It was at last nights chat. I opened up, felt awkward, left abrubtly, never heard from any of the 12 people in the room.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I am sorry toomuch.
I am so glad that you did not relapse.
We ARE here for you.
Keep going baby, one day at a time. :ghug2
Old 10-26-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Too Much:

You belong here. Do you want to talk now? I'm here and listening and I'm sure others are also. I was only in the July thread and my own thread in the substance abuse forum yesterday. What are you struggling with? Talk it out here or PM some people that are around and that you trust, okay? Don't go use/drink. You are cared for.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i was not in the chat (i dont know how to do chats). anyway, sorry you felt alone and if you feel that way you can always PM me. Glad you did not drink.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi there,
I'm brand spanking new to this site, but not to sobriety. Been clean and sober coming up on 4 years with no intention of going backwards.

Think about this--rather than be p.o.'ed that folks didn't email or PM you, how about a pat on the back to yourself for getting through a tough night. You did it--congrats on flexing those sober muscles, friend. That's how you build them up.

While it's great to have a support system, real life sometimes prevents the calvery from coming through. You done good. You're here and you're sober.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((TM)))

I'm sorry you had to struggle on your own, sweetie. Even if I'd known, I had to work but I would have given you my phone number (which I am going to pm you).

You are not a pest, by any means. I always look for posts by you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I didn't know you were struggling last night. I would have been there for you in a heartbeat. I'm always here for you.

I'm proud of you for getting through it. I'm sorry that you felt alone last night.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I am sorry toomuch . I wasn't at the chat and had no idea. I am glad you're still posting and didn't relapse last night .
Old 10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad yoiu didn't drink. Today would be a terrible day for you if you had. Remember all that guilt, shame, anxiety, depression, exhaustion, nausea etc.etc.etc.? YUCK!

Next time you feel like you may drink, I wouldn't rely on the Chat Room or SR, for support too much. It is better to call a real live person on the phone like a friend, relative or your sponsor.

Remember, anyone can go in the Chat Room, even people who are drinking or drunk while they are chatting. I have come accross a few while chatting in there.

Again, glad you are still sober!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sorry about what happen to you. I'm glad your still with us and didn't drink.

Take care,
Barb
Old 10-26-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Suzette- Really sorry to hear that you had a bad night. Wish I would have known, I'm always here for you hun and I am really glad you are sober.

Love Jomey
Old 10-26-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Toomutch I wish you hadn't left the chat room last night. When you asked if you were bringing us down we told you no you were not and we really wanted you to stay and talk to us but you left.

You are important please don't believe otherwise. There were good people in the chat room who really do care and offer support. We are all here for each other to both give and receive support.

I sincerely apologize to you for my part. Please keep coming to SR, we need you and want you here.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well I came in on the tail end of it. I even asked how you were doing. And I guess you may not have seen it. Cause you didnt respond. You ran out of there.
I also remember sayin you I wished you would stay and no you werent bringing me down. I also remember sayin that is what we were there for.
But you left so fast I guess maybe you didnt see it.
I didnt know you were struggling. Cause I was late getting there as my power went out.
I am sorry you feel like you do.

And I have always seen it as you fit in very well here with alot of people close to you. But thats just me looking from the outside in.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Depending on what time it was I may have not been looking at the chat, my friend was here. I really hope you're doing ok, if you want to talk about it, I'll listen.
Old 10-26-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
mle-sober

TooMuch,

I have learned that I am quick to assume the worst whenever I imagine others' thoughts about me. I don't know if that's an alcoholic thing or not. But I know it cuts. Even if it's not real, it hurts just the same as it does if it is real.

I'm really glad you didn't drink last night. What was your trigger, do you think?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My trigger was health issues, both my sons and mine. I was not going to drink, I was going to abuse my pain meds.