Notices

Get Drunk for TV and Survive?

Old 10-23-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile Get Drunk for TV and Survive?

I watched MythBusters tonight (Tivo) and they did some drinking experiments. They got totally hammered to see if coordination and attraction, to the opposite sex, would be effected.

I wondered if I were on that show and sober, if I'd be able to do that "for the cause". I wondered if any of these three stars were "sober". Hmmm

After some thought... I know that I have an addictive personality. I go with either extreme, to kill myself or nestle into a healthy lifestyle. I've been the drunkard route and don't want to return. I realize it's dangerous to think about but could I do what they did for the sake of the show, and survive? Would I be able to slip back into my sober routine? I think I could but I remember when I quit smoking where I'd have one and throw in the towel.

Are we that much of a time bomb? Are we that fragile? Is it really that dangerous? Are we that ignorant to want to think about it, let alone, find out? Prayers
Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd revisit that moment of clarity that brought you to sobriety, given your current thought life it sounds like it may have left town.

Get drunk for the sake of a TV Show? are you Kidding me!!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lead weight lifted

Nevermind the show, let's talk about moderation in drinking. I cannot tell you how many times in the past two years have I gone to an oilfield camp and been sober for two weeks. I go home and think I'm a new man, and can drink socially. Not only do I fall into my old ways, but I drink even harder. A friend who is a coke addict went to rehab and they told him that people with addictive personalities will make up for lost time if they relapse. I truly believe this to be correct, as I not only can't drink in moderation, but when I go home, I seem to drink even harder than ever. Please, my friend, trust me, NOT EVEN ONE!!! Please, learn from my thousand times of trying to be normal and drink in moderation. Are we that much of a ticking time bomb??? YES,WE ARE!!! Please don't ever try the I'm OK now routine, it will spiral you back into places maybe even worse than ever, trust me, please.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
I'd revisit that moment of clarity that brought you to sobriety, given your current thought life it sounds like it may have left town.

Get drunk for the sake of a TV Show? are you Kidding me!!
Thanks Rob! I can hear "no exceptions" loud and clear from your end. I'll work on the image of a high volume drain -- if I get too close, I'll get sucked in and parish.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

gfireboy22,
Thanks for the insight. I gather it's best to be paranoid. My example of smoking sounds spot on. I'll relate drinking to it and be just fine. I'm sure the thought crosses every successor's mind. Thinking like this, for even a moment, is like "playing with fire"! Thanks for setting me straight.