Notices

Some help please =/

Old 10-19-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some help please =/

Hi everyone, im a new user to this sight and im looking for some support. Im 25 years old and I relapsed for the first time in 6 months this last past night. I was weak and I bought an 8 ball of cocaine. I am now out of it and I am desperatley trying not to buy anymore. The guilt that I am feeling right now is insanely painful. These last past 6 months have been great as i have been hanging out with my parents and siblings. I have the urge to tell them that I slipped up but I feel if I put this behind me and stop the binge I will learn from my mistakes and continue on a path that is straight and narrow. I know it sounds like im fishing for an "its ok" but I am not, I screwed up and now im dealing with it. Im simply asking if you guys think I should tell my family or just deal with it and continue with my sobreity, we all make mistakes....thanks again in advance....(as i hold a bible and pray =/)
Old 10-19-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm...
Are you attending a recovery program?

Telling your parents?
I can't advise as I have not been
in that situation.

Welcome to our recovery comunity
Old 10-19-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are here....The fact that you sought out this site and posted this here is a strong indication that you are serious about your sobriety...this site can be a big support for you. As far as telling your parents....that is such a individual case question that I cant really help much...My expereince is that sometimes I told and sometimes I didn't and the reactions of my parents and brothers varied. If you have a person not in the family but that you trust that knows your family they might have more insite to help you see what is the best thing to do for your situation.
:ghug
Asking for help is a great step in the right direction!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been in recovery twice, by choice, I never went through detox as I know I can handle the "come down" on my own. Its the guilt that destroys me, I had been doing so well and I came upon a weak point. Its extremely difficult being my age and constantly struggling when your friends are going out and enjoying themselves. Unfortunately for me, it does not work that way, this last past month rather than deal with a hangover I drink in the morning to cope with the depression. Im not depressed because on the weekdays I workout, i have no intentions of drinking, no cravings, however, when the weekend hits, its a total circus, non-stop drinking, the drinking lowers my inhibitions and finally this time, it lead me into oblivion with a nightmare i thought i put behind me
Old 10-19-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ananda, thank you for your reply, I have a sponsor who I have been in contact with for the last couple years, he understands my situation and I talked to him this morning and i feel much better, I have a disease and an addiction, I am very aware of it unfortunately it is so difficult to put it into persepective as i recover so quickly and I am out on the prowl again within hours. I love what I do and I know I will feel better within a couple days. I have not hit rock bottom, I just wish I could remember how I feel after I screw up and ingrain that in my head, because it really is painful. its just after 3-4 days i feel fine again and i reiterate what i do
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Great that you talked with a sponsor---I was going to ask if there was a nearby NA group you could go to. Just don't give up! Keep moving forward in recovery! :atv
Old 10-19-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think you know what would work better for you. It's hard to say how to do it for others, ya know? I think for me I'd have to come clean about it but THAT'S ME! Holding that in would make me crazy. Good luck with everything, sounds like you're doing great!!