Notices

All it takes is one glass of wine.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am so glad you posted. We are all here for you no matter what. Unconditional support means through *everything*.

Our hands are reaching out to you. Glad that you are still here and made it back to us.

You can make it again!
Old 10-18-2008, 06:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad your back Eclipse

Ed
Old 10-18-2008, 09:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
Ah weddings... enjoy the opportunity to see how ridiculous everyone else gets! they've made the same excuses you're thinking, and boy will they feel silly tomorrow
In all my years of bartending, I only ever worked one wedding. The brother of the bride kept me "company" all night drinking himself into a stupor. I was ready to throw him into a river about half way through he was so annoying and foolish. I went home feeling vastly superior and proceeded to drink myself to sleep with expensive scotch--I was so much more sophisticated than he was.

I'm pretty sure we felt about the same the next day. I hope he's gotten some help by now, that was about 12 years ago.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Thanks! I was so devestated to have to post that I drank. I felt like the top of the world and was SO proud and setting a great example and look what I did! I had a really hard time coming back and posting, cuz I feel like I am letting you all down. But for me it is so therapeutic to let it out with you all of you here because you are the only ones that REALLY know what I am dealing with.

Thanks again!

Eclipse, the first thing I admire is that you jumped back onto SR and was totally honest. When I've slipped up in the past just recently, I've felt an overwhelming sense of embarassment to read the threads, nevermind post any comments.

I wouldn't ever recommend this to anyone else but personally I find that the better kicking I give myself for screwing up contributes well to my determination next time. I suppose a "hey-ho, slipped again" attitude would just lead to the way of thinking that our previous posters have illustrated.

For me, and this is just me, I must hate myself for letting beer touch my lips and at the very least, let out an aggressive "no", just at the thought of doing so.

Eclipse, keep posting. Don't loose it. Let's pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down and carry on walking.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

You have been blessed with another day to start again.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

One is too many and a thousand is not enough. I know that's how it would be for me so no matter what, no matter what I just don't pick up. Live and learn Girl, that's what it's all about.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Eclipse - :ghug3

I feel like I should have said something before when you told me about the glass one day and one the next...but oh well!

I know from my own experience that I just can't do that. If I have one, even if I don't drink more right then, I start planning and becoming obsessed with when I can have the next - I think I have FINALLY realized I cannot drink normally - ever!

But you did so good - 30 days is such an acheivment, and I know you can do it again! You tried something, it didn't work and now you can learn from it!

Old 10-19-2008, 08:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sorry to read about your slip, Eclipse - but that's all it is...a slip. That one glass thing is sooo tough - your brain is so persuasive, but as JPat says 'We just can't do that"! I felt the same on Friday and thought of this forum and managed to pull myself together. It was close, though.

You've been a real inspiration to me on SR so I know you can do it!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:05 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JPat View Post
If I have one, even if I don't drink more right then, I start planning and becoming obsessed with when I can have the next
Thanks Jen, that is EXACTLY what happened!

Thanks everyone for your support. I know I can do it because I have...just disappointed in having to say goodbye to that whole month and start over...but I'll do what I gotta do and hopefully I learned that I CANNOT DRINK AT ALL, EVER, NO WAY, NO HOW, NEVER, EVER!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hey Eclipse -

Your PM inbox is full! Clear some out so I can write you back. LOL

Old 10-21-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Thanks TSH! I cleaned it out!

Feeling better today. Yesterday sucked. All down on myself having a huge pity party. Slept really good last night, so ready for new day.