Notices

So many people enjoying sucess...

Old 10-18-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
not a greeter

So you needed a reminder. That's OK. What's important is that, it's not too late to do it Bam. Just dump it down the sink and forget about it. Occupy your time with something worthwhile. Posting here, or eating something comforting. Dump the poison!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Gypsy, please don't think you are wasting your time with me. I'm going to read this later tomorrow or tonight and it will be one more thing added to my arsenal.

I'm sorry...you are a rational person who is talking to a fool right now. I haven't been this messed up in a while (and I'm not talking about the boozy effects...).
Old 10-18-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Another stupid thought....

...Sobriety is like playing a very challenging video game for hours upon hours on end...and all of the sudden, the power flashes and the game resets...

When that happens, I say fk it...whether right or wrong. It's like something deflated the air in my tires.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
Gypsy, please don't think you are wasting your time with me. I'm going to read this later tomorrow or tonight and it will be one more thing added to my arsenal.

I'm sorry...you are a rational person who is talking to a fool right now. I haven't been this messed up in a while (and I'm not talking about the boozy effects...).
I don't feel as though I'm wasting my time Bam. I know you'll come back and read later. I just really want you to know that you CAN start getting back on track now if you choose to .
Old 10-18-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Once I get started...

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I have much to learn. Thanks for giving a care, GT.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Exactly! Once you get started, there is no stopping. That is the insanity of it all. Make a plan to stop. Get help with your plan. Tomorrow will come and you will drink again and again until you make a plan to stop once and for all. You are in the driver seat, but often times it seems as if the booze is controlling us. Break the cycle by taking action.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

Once I get started...

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

I have much to learn. Thanks for giving a care, GT.
No prob Bam. I'll be back to check up on you. I hope by tomorrow you're out, feeling crappy and ready to start again. I mean this in the best way of course .
Old 10-18-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Bam

I think the important thing to realise is every one of us was exactly where you are now.

You're not alone and the situation isn't hopeless
D
Old 10-18-2008, 10:59 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, people....

Depending on how you look at it, for me it's either late at night or really early in the morning. I'm probably going to go back to sleep soon. I am sober right now. I have no plans to drink in the near future. Why? I'm broke! I see that as a really good thing right now. Nope...I won't sell off my possessions, either. No desire to do that.

Asked some questions a couple of days ago about someone I knew who died this year because of alcohol abuse. Don't read anymore if this stuff really upsets you. Most people I know don't really talk about these things...but I asked anyways. Towards the end, this person was isolating and selling off prized possessions to drink booze all throughout the day. It only took a few years of intense abuse for things to quickly go downhill. Completely wasted away...kidneys and liver shut down...went into a coma and that was all.

Such a shame...great person with talent...lonely at the end. Makes me really sad...I don't know if this person ever sought help. I didn't even know this person had this problem...hadn't seen ____ for a while.

I wonder if anyone close knew what was going on...maybe bridges were burned...it's too late...

I don't want it to be too late for me.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You are being given the gift of another chance.
For some it's too late. But it's not too late for you.
You have a chance to pick yourself up and immerse yourself in the life of recovery.
It won't be easy and you have to work hard at it. But it will be worth it.

Being too broke to drink is a good start. It'll give you some days for your brain to start detoxing and eventually you'll start thinking clearer.

You have the desire to be sober. Hold on to that and never let it go.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:14 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Ksplash, keep it going and stay with us.

Bamboozle, you are on the path, but no-one knows exactly how long the path is, or what you meet while walking it. That is because each has their own path.

"It's not how hard you fall, but how high you bounce back".
Old 10-18-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

I'm never to far from ******* up so I take it one day at a time.