Notices

Clarity is Bliss

Old 10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile Clarity is Bliss

Day 58...
...and lovin' every minute of it. It gets easier and more enjoyable each day. The only thought I give to alcohol now is remembering to check in here after a few days. I guess it's good to remember the process I went through. Drinking doesn't make your life better, it takes life from you. I so enjoy the night--the natural winding down of the day. The natural drifting off to sleep. The slow morning wake ups without feeling like a beached whale. It really is amazing--once you completely leave drinking, you look back and can't believe why it was so hard to quit.

Alcohol is a trap. It fools you by first making you feel good. It sucks you into an artificial world. Alcohol is an accumulative poison. Once aware of its dangers, it should be avoided like fire and electricity.

"I don't like how it tastes and I don't like how it makes me feel." So Simple, Now!

It helps me to think drinking is a bad habit. It is a very destructive routine. I had to pull all the stops when changing this routine. It took a lot of stupid little things. Each one had power in breaking free from the chains. I kept telling myself this;
"no matter how I feel, no matter what I think, I will not drink" I knew I would try to justify drinking. I would tell myself the craziest things. I used all that I knew about myself to conquer myself. It sounds crazy but I was my worst enemy. I was the one who got myself into this mess in the first place. How was I going to get myself out? I first looked at my weaknesses and used or changed them to my advantage. I then looked at my few strengths and used them against myself in the effort to remain free. Looking back makes me realize that I had to be serious enough, to quit, in order to make all these silly little changes. It took work, it took planning. It doesn't make much sense that I had to put so much effort into surviving alcohol. I must have been a completely different person 58 days ago because I just don't understand now, why it took so much effort. If you took a sip of beer and it swelled up your throat, you would never touch it again. We are all allergic to alcohol. The moment the negatives outweigh the positives, we want to quit. By this time, the routine is anchored like any bad habit. Prayers
Old 10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I too can see clearly now that I'm not drowning myself with wine. I am so aware of what's going on around me. I'm happy that I finally chose sobriety over drinking myself to death. It can only get better from here!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Originally Posted by least View Post
...I finally chose sobriety over drinking myself to death...
Least, that's it "in a nut shell"! Had I not quit, that's exactly where I was headed. I'm glad you too are finally happy and at peace. Prayers
Old 10-15-2008, 05:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by HopeTo180 View Post
Drinking doesn't make your life better, it takes life from you.

Right on!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's surprising what a little perspective will do. When I look back at the way my mind was working while I was drinking, I am amazed. Somehow, my mind could justify the messes I was making of my life. There was no logic.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wow...

Hope- this was one of the most eloquent things I have ever read about alcoholism. Thank you.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you...
Old 10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HopeTo180 View Post
I so enjoy the night--the natural winding down of the day. The natural drifting off to sleep. The slow morning wake ups without feeling like a beached whale. It really is amazing--once you completely leave drinking, you look back and can't believe why it was so hard to quit.
I love that feeling!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by HopeTo180
Clarity is Bliss
Amen my fellow human...