Notices

Did I blow it?

Old 10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

That is a scary situation but I'm glad that it wasn't worse than it was. You are fortunate that you didn't like it and that it did not lead to a binge. Be careful-- you might start getting ideas that you can "control" it but of course, you know that is a lie. So don't listen to that voice. And read back over your older posts when you first got here.

Always remember why you quit in the first place. You don't want to go back there.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Little late on this one but for what it's worth: At the height of my addiction I was court ordered to have an alcohol assessment done. Why? Cause my exH called DCF. The therapist found that I was well aware from my history that I could have a drinking problem, but since I was so self aware she didn't think that I did.

So, I went out and continued to drink with the knowledge that a professional told me that I wasn't alcoholic. And you all know the rest...

Glad that you are back in the sobriety saddle!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My question is are you going with the therapists suggestion and now think that you're not? I don't think anyone can answer your questions other than you.