Notices

financial depression

Old 10-09-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

financial depression

right now im dealing with a lot of stress and frustration, mainly with my financial situation. i'm not making nearly enough as i need to be right now, my manager won't give me more hours, and i cant manage a second job at this time. i have debts, bills, sh*t i have to pay. it's all really discouraging. i don't want to sound like i'm complaining, i'm just extremely concerned and not sure what the solution is here.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You and me both my friend. I think it's a sign of the times. My sobriety does however come first - and the Serenity prayer says it all. Bottom line, I have no control to change the economy...
Old 10-09-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i hear ya, mike. i was laid off last april from a full time and have been working part-time since, looking for something else. i FINALLY landed a new full-time job last week, so some of the stress will end. my husband is in the mortgage biz, so his career is iffy right now. and the money is TIGHT.

it's hard to make end meets in this lousy economy. just do the best you can. and keep the faith. hugs, k
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Mike - I hear you and I am right on the same boat with you. I have complained, threw my fists in the air, and had several tantrums. Haven't drank though! (Actually, couldn't afford the stuff - Ha!) We will overcome - all of us! :ghug2
Old 10-09-2008, 01:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you everyone! even if there's not much i can do about things, it really makes me feel better knowin that others have the same problems and are still clean. love you guys.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mike,

I think most people are feeling the squeeze right now, from the economic conditions. You are definitely not alone. I think it's wise to not take on a second job if it's going to push you too much. I am working part-time, and am choosing to not work full-time because I know I couldn't manage it with my insomnia, but the extra money would be nice.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
Mike,

I think most people are feeling the squeeze right now, from the economic conditions. You are definitely not alone. I think it's wise to not take on a second job if it's going to push you too much. I am working part-time, and am choosing to not work full-time because I know I couldn't manage it with my insomnia, but the extra money would be nice.
yea i got insomnia too. taking on a second job would mean pushing myself WAY past my physical limit. theres only so much i can do on a few hours a sleep a night.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Hi Mike....sorry about your situation. I know what you mean exactly. I was laid off a few months ago, and my DH is having an affair. But you know what? It is what it is. We just have to let go and let God. You will be in my prayers.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Mike)))

I'm right with you on the economic mess. I wait tables, and work has been slow since people can't afford to eat out much or tip good when they can.

All I know to do is stay clean, put one foot in front of the other and do the best I can (oh, and pray).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Money problems are a real misery.
Bear with it.
Angered by past financial stupidity and resulting debts I look to enjoy all small things that happen daily. I look to caution and thrift and a worldview that is less materialistic.
But it's difficult.
We paddle the same canoe.
Best of luck.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm...
Was your area affected by the recent hurricanes ?
Even if not....
You might qualify for state or federal benefits.

My Social Security benefit of $686 monthly
puts me way below the poverty line.
Food Stamps are great...

Old 10-09-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

mike, when i came to recovery, i was pennyless...

i worked on me real hard, i struggled with bills, gas, food making rent... my recovery always was first things first...

slowly, things started falling in place...

i was provided for for just for the day, and the days turned into years...

i work at a bunch of things to bring in money... and i had to find a balance with that...

today, i actualy have made huge financial amends, and now have some moolah saved up...

who would'a this drunk....

hang in, on, anyway you can mike...

belief, faith, and the hard one... "Trust"

good wishes mike

xxooxxoo

rz