Notices

Day 19: It's still a long tough road

Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19: It's still a long tough road

Every day it seems I am faced with obstacles that have the potential to trigger a drinking episode. Stressors and negative influences along with creeping temptation in the back of my mind are playing head games with me. It doesn't seem to be getting any easier and the thoughts still lurk.
Staying strong in the only option.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Everything may be a trigger...

Take me for example - I had 2 today: for once, I felt like celebrating as a research paper I submitted to the last minute to a magazine of national circulation got accepted for publication (written on terrible hangover); later in the day, wife informed me that our 3rd grade daughter cursed really nasty at school and the teacher overheard her and the kid defended herself telling that she heard me cursing similarly at home on occasion. All my scholarly respectability down the drain in one innocent instant... I felt like drinking for the second time during the same day - and I'm only on Day 4, and I can't tell you how many times I've been on Day 4 this year only, never making more than 4 weeks... I drank furiously: lots and lots of green tea with lemon! However, 19 is my lucky number, indicative of perfection in numerology (1+9=10).
No matter how stressed out you may be, put your frustration to lucrative use and kick booze in the nads. :wtf2 Even if it'll hurt you too.

Hang in there,
Goob
Old 10-07-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Go to AA....and learn how to live sober....
regardless of what you encounter in life.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good advice carol
Old 10-08-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try not to think about the road ahead, just pace yourself and watch your footsteps It's hard to believe but it DOES get easier. Congratulations on 19 days, hopefully today will be a better day.