Notices

done, given up

Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Don't give up yet Beth. Don't start drinking or drugging. Give yourself chance this time. You've been through worse. You can get through this .

MEETINGS!!!!

GET TO SOME!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Change, I can understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. Get to a meeting if you can and share about this. Then, do the next right thing...

Don't drink. Think about three people who can help you. Be humble. Call them up and ask for help.

We always need to ask for help. We can't do this alone.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Change, I can understand the feeling of being overwhelmed. Get to a meeting if you can and share about this. Then, do the next right thing...

Don't drink. Think about three people who can help you. Be humble. Call them up and ask for help.

We always need to ask for help. We can't do this alone.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

If you think you might be ready for long-term rehab try:

Denver Rescue Mission
Old 10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Im not going to lie, I started drinking as soon as I woke up. With enough to feel like I could cope, I made a call to Hud and another agency. One I left a message , but the hud took all my info and I have a phone conference next thurs. I planned on continuing to drink, but got a call from work they were desperate for help so after much whining I went in instead of getting fd up. Everything is pissing me off im on edge, im disgusted.

I appreciate everyones support, im trying to take the advice and chill the f out. I get so friggin crazy. it always comes back to the fact that I have ZERO coping skills. My brain is just like a fuse. Too much of an overload and I blow. Im gonna try to stay calm. as far as craigs list thats where I found this place so im leary about trying that again, but i will look. for tonight Im okay cause im actually too emotionally wiped out to drink anymore. I had only a few beers, but they were too many I suppose.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
If my life wasnt hangin on a thread enough, the woman renting me my room just informed me she is pregnant and wants her boyfriend to move in. She gave me until the end of the month to be out. I have no money saved and certainly cant save enough to move out in 3 weeks. I dont think I have any rights cause I have no lease. My s*** is too deep to ever fix and im way to tird to be dealing with this

I will never be able to work through this I dont have the energy. I have no car and no one to help me move my **** even if I did have $ to move.
I dont know how much a person has to drink to die, but Im thinking I should work on it :wtf2
You could come and live in the Barn that I am living in, Chance and I can make room somewhere

I know what you mean though it really is hard to even make it anymore

But

Drinking won't solve the problem and if your luck is anything like mine we probably wouldn't die...we might end up locked up though and I would just assume live in the Barn where I am than that. Well this isn't a normal barn it has a fully contained one bedroom apartment in the bottom part and the loft is a dance floor with oak wood flooring, a stage where a band used to play and of course a bar, but there isn't any liquior LOL

Hang in there I will keep ya in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Beth..I happen to know for a fact that you are entitled to 30 days minimum no matter what the situation. Even if you havent paid your rent you are given that right. Also even with people living together as a family. A head of household can not just tell someone to get out. Legally they need to file for an eviction. Trut me..I went through it with my gramps alot.
The only way someone can get put out is if they are found by the law engaging in illegal activity. And a few other things. But your situation is not one of them. Go to the courts and see what theyre policies are. CAll them. But dont just throw it in because that is too easy to do. You have come too far to just give up now.
Dont let this B**** tell you **** that is not true. Stand up for yourself. You are worth it Beth.
Dont go gettin lost in a bottle. Fight for your rights and your life.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Trish - you are absolutely right. On the money. Good advice.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Beth,

I am so sorry I missed this thread...

My heart goes out to YOU...I and all your friends here at SR. really care what happens to you...

Please, never give up the fight to get sober...You have so much to offer the universe...You are a good person..

Things have a way of working out Beth...Believe this...Don't kill yourself drinking...

Keep reaching out...Keep trying...

I know you can live sober with happiness...:ghug
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
Its not the landlord I was reting a room from someone who is a complete nit wit, and doesntcare that winter is here and I have no place to go. Im completely shot and just dont care all that much
Read your own signature line, then read it again. And again if necessary.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sweetie, just wanted you to know that I'm so sorry for the situation you're in and I hope everything works out for you quickly so your mind can rest.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

With no lease there is only one person that can remove you from the house. That is a Judge. It will take 2 months minimum to get a court date and then the Judge will grant you an acceptable amount of time to move out.
If sometime between now and then if you feel like giving up Drugs and Alcohol, don't let any of us stop you.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

As it turns out in new jersey, Bergen county anyway. Without a written agrrement I have basically no right to anymore than 1 month notice.
Im looking for a place,but not having luck yet. I told myself I would go to a meeting tommarrow. Whatever............
Old 10-11-2008, 09:59 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Beth,

I am in the real estate business and landlord/tenant laws weigh heavily for the tenant in NJ. It may uncomfortable for you to stay there but it is within the laws boundries. I would stay as long as possible until you save some $.

Research landlord tenant laws on google. In the meantime....have you ever heard of Anthony Robbins? His tapes have changed my life. YOU CAN HAVE WHATEVER YOU WANT...seriously. I am working on myself all the time.

Plan your work and work your plan. Do it, I have faith and so can you.

Best of luck.

Beach Angel
Old 10-12-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope it all works out well for you. I also hope you can get sober, as drinking will only make your problems worse.

:ghug3
Old 10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I called Hud and another free state legal service. So far HUD told me without a written agreement I dont have a leg to stand on. They gave me the # for homeless prevention. I have a phone consultation this Thursday with the other agency. Hopefully I can get more info on how much time I can get. I dont know that I have any rights. The person I was renting from is not the actual landlord, im in a shared apt situation. Anyway Im down, been sick for weeks. Working extra hours to save what I can,miserable doing it. Miserable when I drink, unbearable if I dont. I had a fairly good day yesterday. Spent the day outdoors. Today my heads floating in s*** again. I just cant stop drinking. I cut back but thats as far as I get. Theres an NA and AA meeting tonight. Im thinking of trying to get to one of them
Old 10-13-2008, 03:42 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno what to tell you that you haven't heard from me before Beth.

I'm sorry life's so crappy right now, but you drinking won't make it better.

Meetings aren't magic either - even if you do get to one eventually, it's still gonna be up to you to dig yourself out. It's hard work. Way harder than drinking.

I just thought you could use the support with that, as well as doing something positive, but if you're not into the idea, you're not.

If you want things to get better, you have to decide you're worth the hard work and the struggle you'll have to face. I hope you decide that, soon

best of luck in finding a new place
D
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

sorry things look ****** drinking just makes it seem worse