Notices

My Story

Old 10-03-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Keeping my Family together...

My Story

Well... where to start... Ry and I have been the best of friends for the past 4 years. We started dating about a year and a half ago. At the time I was living at a local campground and he started sataying with me because he didnt really have a place to call home other than his mother's house. About a month after that I managed to get into an apartment and him and I moved in together. Everything was great until the accident. This is a copy/Paste of the news article:
ROCKLAND (Sep 24): A 2-year-old toddler has died as a result of injuries sustained when a car ran over him in the parking lot at the Stevens Green Apartments off Lovejoy Street Monday afternoon.

Advertisement

It appears the car was backing up, according to Rockland Police Chief Bruce Boucher.

The child, Connor Knight, who suffered head and facial injuries, was taken to Penobscot Bay Medical Center in Rockport by Rockland Emergency Medical Services personnel, Boucher said.

Rockland Police Sgt. Ken Smith, left, and officers Anthony Camporiale, right, and Lloyd Daniels talk at the scene, while residents of the Stevens Green Apartments look on. (Photo by Leanne M. Robicheau)

According to a nursing supervisor Monday night the injuries were fatal. Boucher confirmed the fatality Monday night and said further information would be provided Tuesday morning.

The emergency call came in around 3:30 p.m. that a toddler boy playing in the parking lot had been injured, Boucher said at the scene.

Neighbors stood by their doorways and sat on stoops watching as a team of Rockland police questioned people at the scene, where a gold-colored Pontiac Grand Am remained parked near where the toddler was hit.

In front of the vehicle was evidence of a serious injury, sneakers and what appeared to be a yellow toy.

At the scene, Boucher said the case was under investigation, noting that it "appears" that the driver of the Grand Am was backing up when the child was hit. It was unknown if there were any passengers in the vehicle. Later Monday night, Boucher said the case remains under investigation.

Boucher was withholding the name of the adult driver pending the investigation.

Police were speaking to numerous witnesses in the housing complex off Lovejoy Street, which is off Thomaston Street. One witness saw the mother of the toddler walking outside with the child shortly before the accident, Boucher said, noting they live in the apartment complex.

"The mother was in the area," Boucher said.

The Rockland Fire Department also assisted at the scene.

This all happened September 24th, 2007. I was the driver. That when it got horribley bad. Not really for me but Ry. He was the second person to the little boy... I ran in and grabbed my phone and told him what happened and he ran out to help. I never went back to that apartment... still havent. But Ry started doing cocaine... using needles. I never did it before and wanting something to help my pain I tryied it... didnt like it so I stuck to snorting a line every few days. While I was battling my own pain I was trying to help him battle wanting the drugs. I went through the house every wekk and would find things and through them away and fighting over the tash can when he realized what I did. He would have tons of people over doing the same thing. Mean while I got my kids back (couldnt take care of them after the accident). Thats when I realized what was important... his addiction went from cocaine to heroin. Thats when I had enough and i took everything let him watch me get rid of everything and told him how it made me feel to watch him go through this and how much it was effecting me. He kept telling me that the pain whent away when he was high.... I told him that everytime I got high... It DID take my pain away... but... when it wore off... reality hit me in the face 10X harder. I cried like I never cried before and he finally realized that he had a problem. I prayed so hard... but it didnt change anything. So if anyone came over... i made sure i was sitting right there and watching every move... and he knew not to **** me off when it came to those kind of druggies... I spazzed out on him and his 2 friends one week prior... i took their **** and threw it out my second story window . . . needless to say they hadnt came back. He was doing pretty well until we moved into another apartment... it started all over again but this time it was with my children uncle (who was living with us). I was at work one night and their Uncle was suppose to be baby sitting... i walked into my bedroom and caught him redhanded... i picked up the dresser (where the stuff was) and thre it at him... told their uncle to get the f*ck out and never come back. wel about a week later i get a call from DHS because he decided to get back at me stating I WAS USING. let dhs come to my home and search it. about a week later I found out Ry was using again and he left with some chick that lived 2 hrs away and had tons of money. The same week I realized couldnt afford my home anymore... Ry and I ended up getting back together a month later while I was living t the Homeless shelter with my children. Their father took my kids from me and zI wasnt able to see my children for over a month. I moved out o the homeless shelter and bounced around to 18 diffrent places in 9 months. I got section 8 and moved in to this beautiful home i am now in. I no longer do drugs... occationally drink. I got full custody of my children... and ry moved in with me... he starting having his same old friends hang out and starting using again (not needles this time). I told him that he was going to lose his family if he didnt do what was rightand he admitted nd cried to me that he needed help... he is now in the methadone clinic... started last week. Im hoping that I can help him... but dont know how. If anyone has anything I would be bale to do to help him, please let me know. I hope u read this and understand that sometimes things aent easy but that have to be done.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RysGirlfriend View Post
I hope u read this and understand that sometimes things aent easy but that have to be done.

The huge thing that I don't understand is through all of this you are worried about Ry. What about you? How are you dealing with this accident? What a horrible thing to have happen to you and you are worrried about that loser? You need to get him out of your life and take care of yourself and your children. Obviously he is not going to change and will just drag you through the mud again and again.

Your last sentence is completely correct. Things aren't easy and things have to be done and the thing to be done is not taking care of Ry. It is taking care of yourself and your family.

I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have wanted to So many times... but when you go though something so tragic... it is so hard to leave the only person that was there... and when ur love you make stupid choices but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and praying he will finally do the right thing.:praying
Old 10-03-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

First, congratulations on your own clean time and getting your children back. Secondly, I don't think there is anything you can do to help him. People have to want recovery for themselves.

Put yourself and your children first and take care of YOU. You sound like a lovely, caring person with a big heart. You could visit the friends and family forum. There are a lot of people there trying to help loved ones with their addictions.

I have had personal experience of this with the father of my child and after many years, I let it go. It is very hard to see someone you love slowly destroying themselves, I know that. Good luck.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Welcome to SR!!

My opinion? Not sure how much it is worth because I don't really know you and you don't know me BUT I would think that after all you have been though you would know that your children have to come first. Obviously you love them and are providing a home for them but you are risking losing them for a boyfriend?? You do realize that right? By allowing him to live in your home you are gambling with their lives.

Sorry to be so blunt but my emotions are a little raw after reading your story. Have you been to therapy to deal with your emotions over the accident? How did it happen? Did you do time? How are the child's family? You blew over all of that to talk about the boyfriend's problems.

I wish him luck but it is you that matters here.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
Welcome to SR!!

My opinion? Not sure how much it is worth because I don't really know you and you don't know me BUT I would think that after all you have been though you would know that your children have to come first. Obviously you love them and are providing a home for them but you are risking losing them for a boyfriend?? You do realize that right? By allowing him to live in your home you are gambling with their lives.

Sorry to be so blunt but my emotions are a little raw after reading your story. Have you been to therapy to deal with your emotions over the accident? How did it happen? Did you do time? How are the child's family? You blew over all of that to talk about the boyfriend's problems.

I wish him luck but it is you that matters here.
I will be replying to ur questions in a pm , but thank you for your opinions i will be keepin them in mind.