Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 14

Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm diabetic cola...can you make it any worse...even your name makes my bloodsugar rise!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
getting there

oh geez! This must be the worst time of year for you! You can refer to me as dietcolagirl if it makes you feel better.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Ananda this is for you my dear!

YouTube - Put On A Happy Face

And for any other whiners who need it.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Don't hit me.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
oh geez! This must be the worst time of year for you! You can refer to me as dietcolagirl if it makes you feel better.
ok diet girl!!!!!!! And horsey......slap slap!!!!!!

I think negativity is good for the soul!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:34 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Sorry colagirl.....but Green River Killer Movie does sound a little cheesy.

But I just watched Clear and Present Danger for the 20th time...

Anything's better than the 3 ring circus of news right now.

Jokers and clowns..media
Old 10-03-2008, 11:36 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
IO Storm

HL..

That is interesting about Biden's deceased wife. I thought a lot about the man

when he choked up during the debate. I respect a man who can cry.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:38 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Wish I got Green River killer. I am just jeaulous.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Never saw the movie...read Ann Rule's book on it, though...

It would probably give me nightmares right now. Er...maybe...morningmares?
Old 10-04-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Still not sleeping like a normal person (whatever is "normal" supposed to mean, anyhow?)...I think I'm going to go grocery shopping here in about 30 minutes. It's not even the rear crack of dawn but i'm wide awake and need something to do. I need to buy some healthy food. My diet is complete crap right now...I just finished eating some kettle (pop)corn. Peace.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

bam, if it may help any...

my sleeping habits...

bed at 10-11 pm, sleep a hour or two, back to sleeps, sleep a hour or two, snack time, back to sleeps, then its 5 am... and up...

i dont fight it, and it works for now...

try to get in a 10-15 baby naps at some point in the afternoon...

then, the Freeeeeeeeak'n Nit-Wit Telemarketers call!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm heading out with Mr. Queeny again today, to look at some property...I am bringing a map but I refuse to touch the thing. "Mr. Queeny," I said "You are less than 60 miles from home, there is a body of water to the north and to the east so all you need to know is south and west. Figure it out before we leave because this Queen does not DO logging roads!"

Mr. Queeny has gone to get Queeny her morning coffee. Wise man! :Frankbride
Old 10-04-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Put yourself on the do not call list. Then it makes it illegal for them to call you RZ.

Crazy dreams. Well. I got maybe 2 hrs sleep. Was dreaming about palmetto bugs and woke myself up twitching like something was on me.
If you dont know what a palmetto bug is. How lucky you are. They are usually in warmer climates like down south and they are huge flying cockroaches. Like as big as your thumb long. EWWW...I hate those things.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

:ghug We are an early morning of whiners today. Loved reading it. Palmetto bugs are very gross Trish! I haven't seen them here.

Rusty I could not operate on a sleep schedule like that better you then me. Sorry.

Queeny - "Mr. Queeny has gone to get Queeny her morning coffee. Wise man!"

IO - Yeah for some reason that bit of trivia on Biden was interesting to me. I felt for him to when he choked up over that time of his life. He's interesting.

Bam - Have you tried melatonin? I use it for nights like that. It seems to work or maybe it works because I believe it will. Who knows and why question?

Ananda - I like a little negativity and definitely, love your humor! I was yanking your chain my dear.

Dietcolagirl - "I have iced molasses cookies and some ice cream." I will be right over. Cookies and ice cream are my favorite food groups and my sister makes the best molasses cookies in the world or at least, in my world.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I woke up with a really good whine...then saw people had birthdays, and now I can't remembe the whine...but it was really goood
Old 10-04-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

well i rememberd as soon as i went to light a cigerette!

What is the deal!!!!!!! I bought 3 lighters so i'de have some on hand and i still have all 3 and they are all still full....you have to do that thing with your thumb to start the flame about 40 times to get a very brief flame.......

My thumb is sore!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My daughter, granddaughter, Paula (MyThreeSons), and her three sons are coming down for a visit. Paula is bringing my 12-year-old Springer Spaniel, Jenny, that they "adopted" when I had to come here. I must admit, I'm getting a little bit excited.

First hint should have been when the "highway" turned into a logging road.
I think I can beat that one, Ann. My husband was also "typical", in that it was absolutely against his nature to stop and ask for directions...I think it's got to be a "man thing". I never hesitated to pull into the nearest gas station whenever I was uncertain about where I was or needed to go.

Anyway, it was at night...we were way out in the burbs where the lighting was pretty sporadic. I was trying to following the directions that our friend had given us. We came to a fork in the road...I said, "I think we're supposed to take the left, John." Of course, we went to the right. Well, what started out as a paved road, became gravelly, became dirt, and got narrower and narrower. From out of the dark, we hear a faint Mooooooo, followed by the sound of a cowbell! Needless to say, he backed carefully out to the road again, and we took the left fork, which was the right fork. I was pretty proud of myself...I never once said, "I told you so", even though I was sorely tempted!

It's gotta be a guy thing!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:44 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
getting there

Yes yes, the GRK movie was indeed cheesy. I suppose it would not help my case to explain that it was made by Lifetime. If you have Comcast, it's OnDemand in 2 parts (watched 'em both - sad). Would like to read the Ann Rule book though, her stuff is usually good.

Horsey - sounds like your molasses cookies might be better than the ones I have. Bring some with you?

My whine today - went to a discount establishment to look for a piece of accent furniture. Was reminded of the obliviousness of so many in the general public. Glad to be home.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Everything Old is New again!!!

This is a "sort of" whine...so, please don't HOLLLAHHH, if I sound ungrateful.

My daughter and granddaughter gifted me with a new Dell computer for my Birthday. I wish they hadn't, because my old Emachines was just fine...it was like a trusty old friend...now, I have to get used to this one all over again.

They do this all the time...buy me something expensive, that I really don't want (tv, stereo, dvd player)...if they had only asked me, I would have told them, "A couple of nighties would be nice."

My granddaughter set me up...she's a whiz...but, when she asked me what I had "saved" that I wanted to keep, I had no idea what she was talking about! So, of course, now I find out all my favorites are on the "hard drive" with the other computer!!! What do I know from hard drive? All I know is how to push buttons and type!!!

On the up side, I have new speakers (which I needed) and a printer (which I didn't think I needed, until I no longer had one). Daughter asked what we should do with the old computer, which works perfectly fine, and I thought it would be a good idea to donate it to the facility, so people who knew how could use it...or people who had the capacity could learn to use it. The administrator said, "Oh, no...we can't do that, because we'd have to pay for a hook-up." A lousy $10. a month? Gimme a break!!!

OK...I'm off to try to remember everything I had saved in my Favorites!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

My whine is my SR friends don't live closer to me. :ghug2

This is one is for my favorite whiner - Jersey - :ghug3