I'm a burden.
Have not helped any of you for weeks.
My mind won't focus.
Why can't I snap out of this?

Sorry
Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((Suzette))

Sweetie, you have had so much going on, lately, it's no wonder you're feeling this way.

I'm on my way out of town, but I'm sure others will be along soon. I just want you to know that you are loved, and we care.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Day One's Can RIP!!!

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time . . . .

And you are NOT a burden! When some of us are able to help, others of us are having a difficult time . . . and when those difficulties pass, then you help the ones who might have been having an easier time of it but aren't now.

Life has ups and downs and we're there for each other as needed. You need the support right now so use it . . . and when you're able to give again, you will.

Do you have a dr. you can talk to? Depression can be so debillitating and with all that your son is going thru, it's no wonder you aren't feeling well.

Lean on SR . . . that's why we're here!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Why do you say you haven't helped any of us in weeks? Have you helped yourself? Sounds like that may be in order. Be good to yourself before you can be good to others.

Do you have a counselor you can talk to? I depend heavily on my twice monthly counseling sessions. My depression comes and goes, and it's such a help to be able to talk about it to my counselor.

Is counseling an option if you're not already doing it? I will keep you in my prayers that you can find some inner peace.

:ghug3
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh honey! You are not hopeless. And your prayers help others more than you know. You've had a lot going on. I understand about the feeling of no enjoyment in life. It does pass. Is there a pastor or minister you can talk to? If not, you will always have us here on SR who love you.

Believe it or not, you've been an inspiration to me. So, you've helped me!

Lots of love to you!

Lenina
Old 10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dismember

I've been terrible at making supportive contributions here too lately (present attempt excluded.)

Tell me about depression. It's not something we can snap out of (wouldn't that be great.) Just keep at whatever you can do that would make you feel good (a sunny walk, a few extra hugs, etc.) Eventually, the ups will come back to you. Promise.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have to look after you and yours at this time. You have too much going on. And when things settle you will be back stronger and wiser.
Keep putting one foot infront of the other and you will feel more like your old self before you know it
Old 10-01-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hang in there! Its tough sometimes. Especially when you are worried about family members. You are a strong woman and need to keep yourself healthy. Go do that bubblebath, read a book, take a walk...do something for yourself to get some relief.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't go to counseling.
I don't feel like walking.
I'm not sure how I have been an inspiration.
I've tried reading, I can't concentrate.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, that beautiful face in the atavar is sure nice to see! And it seems you always have nice things to says along with words of encouragement. And for those of us who know what's on your plate, that is amazing! If only we could "snap out of it" as easily as said, the pharma co.s and therapists would be out of business!

I take gin seng and a herbal remedy to help my mood. Also, hanging here helps. Is your fibro acting up too?

Love,

Lenina
Old 10-01-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Well, that beautiful face in the atavar is sure nice to see! And it seems you always have nice things to says along with words of encouragement. And for those of us who know what's on your plate, that is amazing! If only we could "snap out of it" as easily as said, the pharma co.s and therapists would be out of business!

I take gin seng and a herbal remedy to help my mood. Also, hanging here helps. Is your fibro acting up too?

Love,

Lenina
My fibro is acting up along with the IBS. I'm having an upper GI tommorow. Whoo Hooo.

Cam's home today for the 2nd full day in a row. It makes me so sad to see him hobbling around.

I just feel dreadfull.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are struggling.... I will say a prayer for you and send love your way...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((Suzette))))))) I know the fibro makes everything worse. For me, stress triggers flare ups. The IBS, the depression, the achiness is part of the fibro bag of delights. If you can, get a long soak in the tub with some nice bath salts. Epsom salts work very well. I know you don't feel like it but if you can get a walk in for about 20 minutes, you might feel better. For me, when I'm in a flare up I want nothing to do with anything! If can force yourself to get out, I think you'll feel a bit better.

I have some meditation tapes that help me cope. I don't know if the tapes are on CD yet, they are ancient but I like Dr David Illig. They are very useful.

Please hang in there. You are valued and loved. Be kind to yourself.

Sorry about the upper GI. For a time I felt like every GI doctor in LA had been down my throat or up the other end! Have you mentioned to Cam's doctor that you have fibro?

Love,

Lenina
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey, sounds like you're dealing with an awful lot - it's no surprise you're feeling so rubbish. Just do what you want to do for a while. be as selfish as you want and get yourself well. That may sound like awful advice but you have to just let yourself begin to heal.

love and thoughts from me

sas
Old 10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Healing prayers coming your way
Old 10-01-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

From this Mom to you :ghug3

From this Woman to you :ghug3

:ghug3 I'd give you more if I could Suzette. I hope and pray you find some sunshine today. I definitely pray for Cam. You do need to give yourself a break though hon. You probably are angry and sad right now and you have the right to be. Let the feelings come. We're here for you kiddo.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
(((((Suzette))))))) I know the fibro makes everything worse. For me, stress triggers flare ups. The IBS, the depression, the achiness is part of the fibro bag of delights. If you can, get a long soak in the tub with some nice bath salts. Epsom salts work very well. I know you don't feel like it but if you can get a walk in for about 20 minutes, you might feel better. For me, when I'm in a flare up I want nothing to do with anything! If can force yourself to get out, I think you'll feel a bit better.

I have some meditation tapes that help me cope. I don't know if the tapes are on CD yet, they are ancient but I like Dr David Illig. They are very useful.

Please hang in there. You are valued and loved. Be kind to yourself.

Sorry about the upper GI. For a time I felt like every GI doctor in LA had been down my throat or up the other end! Have you mentioned to Cam's doctor that you have fibro?

Yes Lenina I did tell Cam's doc that I have fibro as well as a high rheumatoid factor. Auto immune illness sucks - there is nothing they can do except give you drugs to match the pain. I'm used to it. My son isn't. Just give it all to me.

Love,

Lenina
Yes Lenina I did tell Cam's doc that I have fibro as well as a high rheumatoid factor. Auto immune illness sucks - there is nothing they can do except give you drugs to mask the pain. I'm used to it. My son isn't. Just give it all to me.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

...Toomutch...:ghug3
Old 10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

you've got a lot going on now Suzette...I don't know that anyone could deal with this without feeling depressed....anger turned inward right?

but I'd hate to think of the natural stresses and worry you've had recently becoming inset.

I think a counsellor is at least worth thinking about. I know you're in full on mom mode - but IMO you need to think of your own well being too. None of us is superhuman.

D