Notices

So Depressed

Old 10-01-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Monday, July 21, 2008
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Being Is Enough

We are not always clear about what we are experiencing, or why.

In the midst of grief, transition, transformation, learning, healing, or discipline - it's difficult to have perspective.

That's because we have not learned the lesson yet. We are in the midst of it. The gift of clarity has not yet arrived.

Our need to control can manifest itself as a need to know exactly what's going on. We cannot always know. Sometimes, we need to let ourselves be and trust that clarity will come later, in retrospect.

If we are confused, that is what we are supposed to be. The confusion is temporary. We shall see. The lesson, the purpose, shall reveal itself - in time, in its own time.

It will all make perfect sense - later.

Today, I will stop straining to know what I don't know, to see what I can't see, to understand what I don't yet understand. I will trust that being is sufficient, and let go of my need to figure things out.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Everyday..

Everyday we have are ups and downs/are highs and lows. have a fine day
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Suzette! :ghug3

:praying I am praying that you start feeling better about yourself. We love you, ya know that!:ghug3
Old 10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Suzette, you've come here and posted about your feelings, you haven't curled up in a fetal position, but who would blame you if you did? You aren't weak or whiney, just a loving mother who feels deeply for her family. That's not something to feel bad about. Don't question yourself, just keep trudging forward and things will get better. Just your presence here is helpful, you're one of the family - you're allowed to have a down time.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I know that feeling you are experiencing, I am going through the same thing right now... It's pretty negative and its hard to snap out of. For me the use of drugs/alcohol was a crutch for times like these but now I don't have that. It is like the first time in a long time I have to face my feelings and not become numb to them. Its really hard and has been getting to me.

I'm working at speaking with a psychologist and finding activities I enjoy to help with the healing process. One thing I'm beginning to finally learn is you need to forgive yourself and others and move forward as you will never be able to change the past no matter how much you want to.

Thinking of you in this difficult time. It's really good progress that you have been able to stay sober through this incredibly difficult time. Stay strong and we will get through this.

Bruce
Old 10-01-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

ocjess.....Welcome to SR!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

have you seen a doc yet? if not I'd make that call right now
Old 10-01-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

:sorry

I'm so sorry Suzette.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Suzette,

Maybe I've just been very lucky or blessed, but my doctor has helped me a great deal with the fibro. He put me on a tiny amount of an old trycylic antidepressant, has me taking 1000 mgs of Calcium, 100mgs of B6 and 100mgs of magnesium at bedtime. Sounds silly but it seems to be working for me. He also prescribed water aerobics 3x a week.

I get trigger point injections of saline and lidocaine when it's really bad. Amazing the relief I get! Plus the progressive relaxation mediations and daily walks improve my mood and keep the pain under control. I haven't taken anything stronger than tylenol in a long time.

I feel so bad for you having to suffer the physical agony while Cam is in pain too. My grandma had Lupus so I do understand about the Rheumatoid factor. Mine's high too.

Please know you're in my thoughts and if I can help in any way, just let me know.

Much love to you.

Lenina
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

prayers coming your way..

Hang in there !
Old 10-02-2008, 10:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((((((Suzette))))))

Your mailbox is full. I assume with good wishes from all your friends on SR. I am heading out for my day and will be back later.

Much love to you.

Lenina
Old 10-02-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hang in there Suzette I will pray that all this will pass for you... It is no fun to be depressed and empty I am there with you on that one... We will all get through all our obstacles together....
Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, it's nice to know people care.

Still depressed.
Cam has been home for 2 full days. He was making partial days earlier on
I escaped my depression for awhile today, because I had an upper GI that made me to stupid to be depressed. It has pretty much worn off now.

If any of you have had or know anyone who has had JRA, please let me know as I have some questions.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Somethings just take all our efforts to get through, don't make us bad people.

Hope things get better for you.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

(((Suzette)))

When you first posted about his JRA, I googled it and found several websites with info. I wish I knew more about it, but I don't.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-02-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks Amy. I have researched it a lot myself. I would just like to speak to someone who has actually gone through it.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suzette,

You are being an inspiration by managing to get through each of these difficult days.

It's the absolute worst when we see our kids suffer.

And, I know for a fact, that stress is bad for fibro, so try to take care of yourself.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sending good thoughts your way Suzette. You will make it through this.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Well I spoke with the Rheumatologist and he is putting Cam on Prednisone beginning tomorrow. It is a very harsh drug that he will be on for a short amount of time. Long term it can have some bad side effects, but the doc said he should be okay short term.

My test yesterday showed that I have a problem with gastric emptying. Meaning food stays in my stomache for hours after it should have left my stomache. Next Thurs. I have to go for an ultrasound and a gastric emptying study. In this study I cant eat for 14 hours prior and when I get there they will feed me a yummy radiated egg so the technicians can watch it by ex-ray as it travels along. Meanwhile I have to stay completely still for all 90 minutes or the proceedure may need to be redone.

Oh yeah, my 18 year old had a drill fall off a ladder today and gash his chest with the drill bit.

Needless to say I'm still depressed... very...
Old 10-03-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

you were one of the first people to welcome me & say kind words to me when I first posted here, evertime I see your smiling face I remember that. Chin up girl!