SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of October 2008 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/158920-class-october-2008-a.html)

TryingSoHard 10-01-2008 08:34 AM

Class of October 2008

Well, I guess I'll start this one off.

Yep, that means I'm no longer in the Class of September. And I was doing so well.

New month, new start.

lostbutterfly 10-01-2008 09:59 AM

You were doing well TSH, and you will do that well again. You're back, you haven't gone into freefall. I'm sure you'll have lots of classmates soon.

least 10-01-2008 10:49 AM

Never give up on yourself! Never!!

misswhisper 10-01-2008 10:57 AM

New classmate - reporting for duty.

least 10-01-2008 12:13 PM

I'm so happy to see you all getting back up on the wagon and trying again. I relapsed so many times I thought I was hopeless, but I wasn't. I finally 'got it' right and am enjoying being sober today. So can you!

love and hugs to you all

:ghug3

Eclipse 10-01-2008 12:16 PM

Hang in there TSH!

DJMH 10-01-2008 12:18 PM

I'm here!

TryingSoHard 10-01-2008 12:46 PM

Welcome, fellow classmates. :)

Something is different about this time. Something just feels different. I'm absolutely disgusted with myself. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've heard that phrase countless times, but today it actually means something to me. I am sick of myself. This has just got to be it. It's just got to.

I can't do this again.

Horselover 10-01-2008 12:49 PM

Congratulations TSH and look you have company. I think you should all do it together hand in hand. Keep posting and remember if the urge to drink hits - post, post, post! It worked for Stoney and countless others. :ghug

misswhisper 10-01-2008 12:56 PM

glad to see all of you here and know that i am not the only one who feels like s**t today but who hopes to feel better tomarrow. i havn't quit drinking - i'm nursing the rest of my wine - but it's almost gone - one glass left and that's it for me. so tomarrow is my quit day - or actually today as i'm quitting today.... :) i know how feeble that sounds but it's the best i've got. i'm going to need you guys.....

TryingSoHard 10-01-2008 01:27 PM

And we will be here. And one day we will need you, too. :)

lostbutterfly 10-01-2008 01:50 PM

Well said, TSH. Some days we can give to others and some days we have to come here to get support from others. As long as we don't simultaneously have a bad day, we'll all be fine! I feel different about the pills this time, I know what you mean.

bruce24 10-01-2008 03:50 PM

Best wishes to the new class of October 2008. Wishing you all success in your journey. Never give up on yourselves, and less than half a day and already 3 of you on board. TSH keep your strength up you will succeed!

Hope 10-05-2008 12:14 PM

October is a wonderful month to get sober! :)

JJF514 10-05-2008 12:46 PM

So I'm not the only one that feels this miserable about myself I guess...not that I want other people to feel bad, but it's a bit of a comfort to know I'm not the only one

MD2B 10-05-2008 12:52 PM

Hello Everyone! This is day one for me. I love all of your posts....so positive!! I am 28 and I too have been doing this for too long. I have been grappling with trying to get sober for almost two years now. That's when I recognized my drinking as a problem. I have tried to "manage" my drinking but inevitably end up defeated. I hope that this time can be different and that I can really embrace life sober. There is alot of living I want to do.

Hevyn 10-05-2008 12:58 PM

TSH you sound like me the last time I binged. I knew something was different, I knew I couldn't put my body and spirit through it any more. It turns out I was right, I never picked up again and it's almost 9 mos. The first few mos. were rough, a chore, not very happy - but after the 90-day mark I began to feel human again. It's so hard to get past that initial period, but I promise you will be rewarded for all you've gone through.

Hope 10-05-2008 01:02 PM

Welcome JJF514 and MD2B!

You are not alone.

I know how miserable it is. I am right at the beginning myself so I can relate to all the misery of drinking.

But there is a better life to be found. One day at a time.

Just take it a moment at a time till the day is through. Just for today I won't...

Stick around!

Economist 10-05-2008 02:00 PM

Hello,
It is my day 3 without alcohol today. Thank you for beeing here and for all the support!

Hope 10-05-2008 02:04 PM

Hi Economist,

Welcome to SR!

Congrats on 3 days!