Notices

For members with less than 2 weeks sober...Part 4

Old 06-26-2008, 10:19 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hello all my bestest friends :ghug3

still lurking in here checking on everyone.......(can anyone say...s-t-a-l-k-e-r?)

This has been probably the most stressful week I've had in months - so I'm thinking I may very well be back here on Saturday, saying that I'm starting day one again. Unless of course tomorrow turns into a really wonderful day. which I doubt. So I'm just forewarning you all - because if that happens, I WILL be back here, and I will be very cranky.

and would someone PLEASE come and get this headache!!!!!!! It's someone else's turn to have it now........
Old 06-26-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey...no way, you are way stronger than I am!

I know you can do it,,,,,

Anyway...try your hardest...I live in a glass house....LOL!

Dave
Old 06-26-2008, 10:29 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I just don't handle stress very well I guess....

I tried meditation once....but you have to clear your mind. If I could clear my mind I wouldn't need to meditate??????????
can't do anything right. whine whine

alright, I'm done now.
continue.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Cola and Ruch - SNAP! Teapot empty on bench!
Klynn...I would love to feel that wonderful peace that meditation supposedly brings. Please stick with whining and not wine-ing. (or equivalent DOC!)
Old 06-27-2008, 12:54 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey all~
You guys are great and I am so glad to have found you. I have promised myself that I am going to quit on Monday. Because I'm a drunk, of course I gave myself the weekend to get sauced---tee hee. Scared this time!!! Somehow, I wish you could just hit the eject button on the part of your brain that compels you to drive to the store for alcohol or tells you to have a drink when you don't even really want one. Boy, we're a strange lot (smiles). Be kind to yourselves. Thanks for being so genuine.

PS-Klynn, your last message cracked me up. Meditation is supposed to alleviate all kinds of stress, tension and anxiety. I am usually too stressed, tense and anxious to meditate! Maybe we could learn how to stand on our heads?
Old 06-27-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoosieQ View Post
Maybe we could learn how to stand on our heads?
klynn, soosie and any others...could we pick a time where all our non-shut-up minds try to meditate (standing on head optional) and bring harmony to the world...or blow up the universe with our inability to stay calm!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:49 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
He who seeks, will find

Day 13,

Well one more day and im out of here, although it is a friday it won't be a straight forward thing at all im sure, but I am determined to get through the weekend and to get to next friday. in short, i look good, feel good and at the moment anyways I am positive
Old 06-27-2008, 04:01 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
No AA

let me know when the meditation group is meeting -- can only stand on my head for a few seconds at a time so need lots of practice

soosie i'll probably be with you in the same boat on monday--so don't forget to sail on by and pick me up. it's been a grrrruff week at work and i'm stressed about what next month will bring--could be that i will be looking for another job if they cut my hours. stresssssssssssssssss
still stumbling along here, good one day, bad the next --what is it with me?
but i'm so thankful for the support here on this thread....u guys rock
:ghug
Old 06-27-2008, 04:11 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith08 View Post
let me know when the meditation group is meeting
Guess it will have to be in US waking hours as I am minority here...let me know what suits and will set my alarm clock!

Horrid winter storm here. One very unhappy pup. (other one couldn't care less so long as he got chicken necks for dinner)

Sooooooo need/want to get sober tomorrow (today almost over here). All positive vibes greatfully accepted.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johneire31 View Post
Day 13,

Well one more day and im out of here, although it is a friday it won't be a straight forward thing at all im sure, but I am determined to get through the weekend and to get to next friday. in short, i look good, feel good and at the moment anyways I am positive
John-

You sound 100x stronger than you did last week before the weekend! Good luck to you!

Day 12 here. Wary about the weekend, but I plan to hang tough and get through it sober.

Good luck to everyone here who's trying not to drink this weekend!

Johnny
Old 06-27-2008, 04:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

day six here but still feeling so 'empty' and lost. don't know who I am anymore...
Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Klynn, DON'T DO IT! You worked so hard to join those fun 30 day and under people. I may not be able to break out of this thread, but you did!

The Two Johns sound like they're going make it!

All the rest of us - Cola, Ruch, Least, Pupmum, Faith, TITD, SoozieQ, SoBearish...(hope I didn't miss anyone, but probably did) we are here and we are still trying and that is what is important. I'm thinking of starting a thread for us - chronic 2 week and underers.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
getting there

This thread is cracking me up this morning - what a lot we are! ROFL, I love the thread idea - not that I want to be in it, but when the shoe fits...

Klynn - it's not worth it! Keep using me as a poor example of what happens when you give in -- it's not what it's cracked up to be. I feel like I should have a t-shirt of that smiley getting hit with the frying pan.

Least - I totally know where you're coming from. I've felt that way for weeks, I think that's why I'm stuck in this thread. Hang in there!

I'm up for the meditation group and great news - I am awesome at standing on my head!
Old 06-27-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

LOL - God I love this place -....makes me laugh. I actually feel really good again this morning, so for today I'm going to try and put the past week's worries on hold and find something to keep myself busy. (headache's gone too, so whoever came and got it - thank you)

ummmm.....meditation group sounds great Pupmum - but uh Soosie? standing on my head is probably out of the question for me...but picturing me trying to do it made me giggle for awhile - glad you can last a few minutes on your head faith. although I might get a little jealous that you can and I can't, so be warned that I may try to knock you over teehee.

Cgirl - you are definately an example for me....but you're not a bad one. and I think I'll be ok - right now I feel that way anyway, so I'll leave it at that and keep you posted.

Least, I'm so proud of you - 6 days. I'm worried about you though and wish you felt better. and now I have to leave for work - but I hope you're around tonight. I'll be thinking of you today and how you're doing, so at least check in if you can.

later peeps....have a great day
Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Looks like a lot of us decided Thursday was a great day to drink! I know I did.

WTF !! I don't feel ashamed but I do feel p*ssed at myself.

Sigh... I guess this is part of the process.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Wooli

This looks like the best thread for me to make my first post in.

I had a lot of problems in my life that lead me to the demon drink. I was always a big drinker anyway but had an element of control. Then debt and a threat on my life happened and I lost that control. I had only been sober for four days since my son, who is 13 months, was born. I was drinking between 12 and 16 pints of 6% cider a day up until one day when I had had enough and took a lot of valium and citalopram.

This was the wake up call I needed and I sought medical advice. I am now on day 5 of the detox (with librium) and am feeling confident that I won't drink but it is going to be hard as I have a wedding and a holiday in Portugal coming up. I am now back on the Citalopram for my depression and anxiety/panic attacks but my doctor will not accept these came first, so I have been low today. On my own in the house and as I walk to a cupboard I think "I could do with a drink".

All I can think is that I want to do it for my little boy.

Fingers crossed.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I am on day 6. For all the jokes about meditation, and believe me I know it's weird and hard, you can get some help by downloading podcasts. I have been listening a lot to Tara Brach (Welcome to the Insight Meditation Community of Washington | Insight Meditation Community of Washington ?) and she really helps. It's all Buddhist-centered, but in a way that makes sense in the real world, about learning how to be present in the moment and how to get over the idea that there is always something wrong...with you, with your life, with how you feel. I started listening a couple of weeks ago and really believe that it has gotten me to this day. I am so worried, there are a bunch of people coming over on Sunday and I know it will turn into a drink/smoke fest. It will be a huge trigger.

I remember reading, I think in Pronoia by Rob Brezny, that a student asked his teacher when/how he would become enlightened and the teacher then dunked his students head into a nearby pond or something until the student was wildly thrashing and kicking. When he finally let the student up he asked the student so what were you thinking. Incredulous the student said Alll I could think about was how badly I wanted/needed to breathe. The teacher said when you want enlightenment that badly with that single-minded of a focus, you will get it. I try to remember that about my sober happiness.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Lots of laughs alongside the heartache.
Looks like I'll be picking up faith08 in my sailboat this coming Monday. Who wants to try meditation on the water?
I'm nominating colagirl as our fearless leader-of-headstands! Maybe she'll be kind enough to hold our feet? Then we can just hang out upside down and giggle!
Just think Pupmum, we could even sail on over for a visit (I always wanted to go to New Zealand).

In all seriousness, thanks to maybetoday for the meditation leads and the Bresney reference.

Hope everyone is feeling a little stronger today. You're in my thoughts. Thanks for the giggles.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoBearish View Post
Looks like a lot of us decided Thursday was a great day to drink! I know I did.

WTF !! I don't feel ashamed but I do feel p*ssed at myself.

Sigh... I guess this is part of the process.
Thursday????? every day was a great day to drink for me this week...sigh

Try to get back on the ole wagon today
Old 06-27-2008, 03:28 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 1....the fog from last night's slip up is still there. I'm amazed I didn't decide to just carry this into the weekend and "start on monday". I guess that is some sign of progress.

Hey all.....hope you're having a great day.