Notices

For members with less than 2 weeks sober...Part 4

Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Everyone seems so positive on here...sorry but about to bring the mood down!
On fifth consecutive Day Zero (does that sound better than 5th day boozing? No? Oh, never mind!)
I am struggling to think of reasons not to drink...Obviously not 100% sure Ok to drink as then would not be on site called "soberrecovery"! And am reducing drink (ie only one bottle of wine a night...only twice the max non-dangerous drinking for a female...sarcastic yay, but I was doing 2-3 bottle until recen tly.)
But I am really struggling as to why to stop.Had 4 day break last week and did a fabulous half-marathon. Logically know that if stopped drinking forever, would be way more amazing.
Also would rather like to reduce mortgage and my alcoholic tastes are rather upmarket.
Why does my brain not rule on this????
Old 06-26-2008, 03:43 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PupMum View Post
Everyone seems so positive on here...sorry but about to bring the mood down!
On fifth consecutive Day Zero (does that sound better than 5th day boozing? No? Oh, never mind!)
I am struggling to think of reasons not to drink...Obviously not 100% sure Ok to drink as then would not be on site called "soberrecovery"! And am reducing drink (ie only one bottle of wine a night...only twice the max non-dangerous drinking for a female...sarcastic yay, but I was doing 2-3 bottle until recen tly.)
But I am really struggling as to why to stop.Had 4 day break last week and did a fabulous half-marathon. Logically know that if stopped drinking forever, would be way more amazing.
Also would rather like to reduce mortgage and my alcoholic tastes are rather upmarket.
Why does my brain not rule on this????
I'm down here with ya Pup and it sucks. I'm starting Day 1 for the 5th or 6th time this week. Today, I am sure that I will not drink (keep telling myself that, maybe it will ring true one day) hang in there, we will get through this.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:44 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Pupmum. Your brain IS ruling on this. You just gave yourself several reasons not to drink - now listen to your own advice! I'm sure you can come up with more. I think you can, I think you can!
Old 06-26-2008, 03:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome Boracho!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
No AA

welcome borarcho

im on the same bus with pupmum and buttercup.
that's pretty much all i have to say right now...stumbling around here
Old 06-26-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

starting day five here. was sick all day yesterday and feeling crummy. hope today feels a bit better.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

Day 5 here. I am sooo not looking forward to this weekend...
Old 06-26-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Ruch – Well done!! 12 days is fantastic and you have every right to feel great about it

Boracho – Welcome!!

Jeeplady – I very glad for you. Keep using that card and paying it in full every month (even if it’s only $10) and you’ll see your rating improve quite quickly. When you’ve mastered that, get a couple more and do the same. I’m a bit of a credit expert so PM me if you want more info.

Johneire – Hey it may be for you or not. I applaud you for giving it a real try. Either way it will help your recovery.

Pupmum – Oh I know where you are in your head. The alcohol has you in its grips right now. God I know how despondent that makes you feel. I just slipped for 4 days over the weekend, and it took 3 hangoverless mornings for me to start feeling better and positive again. You’ve made great progress so far and have had a lot of sober days this month. Keep trying sending you (((hugs))).

Buttercup – I admire your courage. Day 1 day 1 day 1 day 1. That’s persistence for you! Keep it up, you’re here and you’re trying and that counts for so much. Be proud of that.

Faith – I can tell by your post that you’re feeling depressed and crappy. We’re here for you if you want to post. Otherwise just ride out the bad feelings, don’t pick up and you know you’ll feel better really soon.

Least – I admire your tenacity. Great job on sticking with it and I hope you feel better.

MaybeToday – Well done on your 5 days so far!!! I am looking forward to the weekend but I’m scared of getting through it sober. I wish you and me luck.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I am hoping to stop drinking today. I have been drinking every day for years and have only been able to quit 4 days in a row. I don't think AA is the answer for me although I am sure it is right for many others. I am encouraged by all of your posts and feel that this will be very supportive. In gratitude . . .
Old 06-26-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Day 1 ( again!)

I am obviously in the right place, as it's day 1 again for me! Feeling really crappy, heart racing and feeling sick. I know that I have to do this but I also know it's going to be really hard.
Your posts are really helping.
Ceder
Old 06-26-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

We can do it - others have! I will keep posting and reading, it's very helpful.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

:ghugWoke up this morning with a moment of great clarity...Exercise! Haven't done any this week as letting body recover and have horrid cold (half-marathon was in freezing rain!) and everytime I stop exercising, drinking feels like a good thing (no real remorse or despondancy...just logical brain wants to scream!). I think (hope) exercise = exorcise desire to drink. At least enough that personal strength takes over.
Fri am here and will swim at lunchtime.
Hopefully on here this evening with my pot of tea
Hugs all you other day-oners
PupMum
Old 06-26-2008, 12:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi Anew and Cedar
Old 06-26-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Exercise defintely helps- I have been doing Bikram yoga, rings the body out like a sponge and all you want to drink after that is water, esp yummy coconut water. More yoga less time for thinking about drinking. If only I didn't have so much time between classes. :chatter
Old 06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

You didn't think you were gonna get rid of me that easy, did you? I screwed up. I'm here for atleast 2 more weeks. What a difference 24 hours makes in the life of an alkie.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
getting there

Joining the day zeroers for the umpteenth day in a row. Didn't even want to drink tonight, am drinking anyway. Stupid!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi Colagirl. I hear you. I don't even know why I drank today. I decided I was stopping at the liquor store and I did. And there you have it. Back to square one........
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Howdy Guys - Fantastic in here
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Nogard.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by ruch View Post
Hi Colagirl. I hear you. I don't even know why I drank today. I decided I was stopping at the liquor store and I did. And there you have it. Back to square one........
Exactly how it is. *sigh*