Notices

For members with less than 2 weeks sober...Part 4

Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Day 10 here. Went to first f2f last night. Went very well. Ony 6 attended. Will find it difficult to find a sponsor. Might take a few weeks.

The week is picking up. Don't feel too bad today. Will attend a meeting online.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:33 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

[QUOTE=sobergirl77;1828747]The day I can actually get out of this "2 weeks and under" thread, I will jump for joy and run around my apartment and drop to my knees in a prayer of thanks. QUOTE]

I'm just glad there isn't a 2 days and under thread or I would be feeling very lonely!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Yeah me too.

Then we need a new thread 30 days and less
Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
No AA

haha
we gots a big boatride going on!
congrats to everyone staying outta dem dangerous waters and welcome back to everyone who climbed back in after a swim

:bounce hey gransha--congrats! im on day 10 too
Old 07-09-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by johneire31 View Post
Day 3,

woke up in a pool of sweat again, shakes are a little less intense, actually eat a breakfeast, well a bowl of cereal. I was given redundancy notice last two fridays ago, hence the reason I broke after my 13 days of hard work. Perhaps if I was longer dry i would have resisted, who knows. Anyways i have to weeks left to do till i get my big cheque!!! very very tempting to go on the rampage with it, maybe in 2 weeks i will be looking at all the picture with a clearer glaze
Hi John- sorry to hear about your job. I hope you're able to pull through this sober! PM me anytime if you like. I haven't been posting anywhere lately, I tried the 30 day and under thread, but it was dead. I think I'll try the 60 day one. (I'm on Day 24) See you around!
Old 07-09-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

lol - hey Johnny -
yeah, the other threads were both dead when I was in there, so I snuck ahead to the 90 and under

technically I am under 90 days so hopefully they'll let me stay!! ('course I fully intend to keep an eye on everyone here................)

pupmum, c-girl and s-girl (and whoever else) hang in there and hopefully I can break you out of here soon to move forward!!!!!

have a good one all...........
Old 07-09-2008, 07:00 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
FreeSpirit

Day 5 for this Butterfly

cleaning after my mess
Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

day three here and the anxiety and agitation are overwhelming. worse than day one. I just want this to be done with.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

Damn
Old 07-09-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

day 1 again for me too.

I wish I could be an alcoholic instead of a crack smoker. at least for a while. but the problem yesterday was that after 4 beers I went back to the crack.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
"Meow. No, I am not a pup!

Waking up on Day 2 and I feel FANTASTIC (posting this partly to myself to read this evening!). Going to have to go to shops this evening but feeling a bit safer.

Hugs to all you day-oners (Oh and too everyone else on here too...)

PupMum
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Everyone try your best two make it past two weeks!!! LETS GO WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me and I don't know if I can make it. In a HUGE fight with my husband over something I did in the past (we both have skeletons in our closets) and now I am alone and sad and trying not to break down. I removed the liquor from the house but I can easily still go get it. Yesterday while arguing he kept accusing me of going back to the bottle. We were on the phone. I found it very upsetting. Today he just got off work and instead of talking with me about the issue, he is going to have a drink with his cousin who is in town. Meanwhile, I'm pinging of the walls and don't know what to do with myself. Can't watch tv because the cable is cut off so all I have to distract me is the computer. My kids are at my parents house.

Don't know if I can make it...

Good news I guess is I had an interview for a job that went really well. He said they will call me tomorrow.

A
Old 07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Antara. The best way to make the problem worse is to have a drink. Don't do it! You can borrow my higher power if you want.

I know what that's like, to feel like there is no alternative. There is an alternative. Just being at peace with yourself and having a relaxing day. Just relax any way you know how. Talking with someone on the phone can do it, so can reading a book.

Let us know how you make out. I'm rooting for you!

-- NM
Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
getting there

Antara, I totally know. It seems like most of the times I give in are when something goes wrong and I think, I'm stressed out, I deserve to have a drink. But I always end up back in the same place, wishing I had just ridden it out, wondering how I could do it AGAIN. I'm sure you've been there before too.

Try to think of it like this... you don't want to be drunk or hungover when they call about the job tomorrow, do you? Maybe that can get you through tonight.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Hi to everyone else... day 2 for me today (Pupmum, we're on the SAME DAY again!). Feeling much better than yesterday, other than the feeling that I have restless leg syndrome in my hands (weird!). I'm feeling a little more determined this time. I just can't let this happen again... right?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Negative Man,

I know. I went to the store today and bought some chips and pop. My husband thought I went there for booze. i told him thanks for the vote of confidence.

Mainly I am occupying my time by reading people's stories here on the forums and talking on the phone to my stupid husband. It's almost 8:30 and I think I'm safe from drinking.

Thanks for rooting for me. i really appreciate it. I'll check in again before bed and let you know if I made it throught this day. I'm sure I will. I went 3 months before ( court order) and the another 20 some days ( got into trouble again and was afraid to drink.) so if my life ever settles down I think I will be ok.

A
Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Thanks ColaGirl,

I also don't want to give my husband the satifaction of seeing me slip. I'm on Klonopin and he's giving me a hard time for taking that to calm my nerves.

I guess I should look forward to my call back tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
getting there

Antara, that is good motivation!

Klynn - perhaps you could throw a lasso over from the 90 and under thread or wherever you are now? I think I need to be tied to something this time.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post

Klynn - perhaps you could throw a lasso over from the 90 and under thread or wherever you are now? I think I need to be tied to something this time.
No doubt! Maybe if they tied is all down, we would learn some sane behavior. Wait...isn't that twisted?
Old 07-09-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by SoosieQ View Post
No doubt! Maybe if they tied is all down, we would learn some sane behavior. Wait...isn't that twisted?
Hmmm, I think that's the theory behind involuntary commitment...