Notices

new (sort of) sorry so long

Old 09-28-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What a bout waitressing? I know I can always fall back on waitressing if I'm in a jam. I stopped bacuase of my neck problems but I could always do it with arm service versus tray service. I still serve guests that way with layers of plates stacked up on my arms. I don't know...just a thought. Working for tips is better than just minimum wage.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hope,

Welcome!

I was a military wife for 22 years and I know that it isn't an easy life.

We never lived within a thousand miles of family, and friends would come and go with the changing winds. Working was doing whatever I could do at the moment and always facing the looks from the towns people of 'well, she's just going to move anyways'. Interestingly, I didn't drink during those years, but my behaviour led me towards addiction. I became more and more controlling, as if trying to grasp something in my life to hold on to. Depression became constant and my self-confidence sank as each year went by. I felt like all the other wives were coping much better than I was, and that I just wasn`t trying hard enough. I wish I had found the help that I needed then, but I didn`t.

I am so glad that you are here, seeking help.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi and welcome . As others have pointed out the board is quiet on the weekends but will most likely pick up tomorrow. You'll be surprised at how much more active it is! Stick around and keep reading and posting. I'm sure you'll get the support you need.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope, understandably your emotions are all over the place right now. You're making a big decision and you're filled with all sorts of conflicting thoughts. Coming here is brave and a wise thing to do. Be proud of yourself. We all care, and these people have never let me down, so please don't stop posting. You'll gather strength the more you read here and reach out.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome :ghug3
Old 09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hope:ghug3

Welcome back! Dont give up on SR so quickly. Sometimes there arent that many people online. The people in recovery are working on that and living there lives and then there are people like me who are also suffering and off getting drunk and or high.

STICK AROUND FOR AWHILE!

Military life can be very isolating. For me Isolation and loneliness are dangerous. You really need to find something else to fill your time. You mentioned a few times that the store mananger wont cal. Why dont you try and talk to them. Express how much you want to work. It might not help, but it cant hurt.

I think that you should think about telling hubby where your at with your drinking and how youve been feeling.

Keep posting
Old 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
I just wanted to say Hi and welcome. We should have a weekend Sticky Warning because it is quieter here on the weekends. Responses are slower and I've noticed people get their feelings over that before.

You are very welcome here. I suggest you try joining a thread such as the Class of September or Under Two Weeks if you want to quit drinking and connect with other people. I don't know if you're ready to quit or not but those type of threads helped keep me accountable.
thanks, boston! great post!

:ghug3
Old 09-29-2008, 07:12 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Hope,
Welcome! I can totally relate to what you're saying about not remembering how to deal with life's problems without alcohol - that's been a struggle for me too. I know I used to be able to do it, and now I feel so weak and I hate it. I am finding that as I'm dealing with things during my sober periods it's getting a little bit easier, so I'm hopeful that at some point it won't be so bad.

By the way, I have a cousin whose husband was special forces stationed at Fort Bragg (he's not in the military anymore). He had a couple of deployments to Iraq and one in Korea where he was detonating land mines or something. Really scary! She had a hard time dealing with it too.