Notices

Me posting before drinking

Old 09-28-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Gypsy babes.

It is steak and kidney pudding. It has very little kidney in it actually. (Very little steak too come to think of it!)
Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stone View Post
That sounds good Fizzy! I like ginger ale, Morrisons do a good one. We do have Holland and Barret here too.

Thanks Horselover.

Freshstart, I did say 'don't ask' lol!

I know.... i do it every time.... i just couldn't resist i blame it on my addiction :P
Old 09-28-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You did it Stoney! You reached out instead of picking up the drink. I'm so proud of you. Now you KNOW that you can have a big huge craving and not give in to it. And your teaching others to talk about their cravings instead of giving in.

I'm proud of you bubba!
Old 09-28-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
let it grow!

morning, stone. proud of you too!

i'm gonna suggest you have a good plan today and before bed tonight, a good plan for tomorrow - things you want and need to do. stick to your list. and keep reaching out. a word out to an aa person is good. and go to an extra meeting or so, cold or not....

hugs to ya, and i love kidney beans. but the idea of kidney, not so much..

k
Old 09-28-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Aw stoney!!!!! You may be to sick to be running around alot...but you know you can meditate anywhere in any postion....remember our thoughts and cravings are just like clouds passing through the sky and don't stay long! Just like you just described...acknowledge and let them move on..don't shove don't cling just let em float off as they naturally will do.

One of the ickyist parts of not being well is the feelings of isolation adn the inablility to reach out....so yeah...maybe you can call some of your aa numbers and see if someone could stop by for a few hours to visit....One good thing about a regular meeting schedule is that if I miss a meeting at this point that I regularly attend...i am very likely to get a phone call to see if i am ok as i am perty darn consistant on attending certain meetings.

cuddling up in the blankets and snoozing and daydreaming can help to get through too! :ghug
Old 09-28-2008, 08:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

As usual my thinking is telling me I can just drink this one day...past experience tells me that one day turns into a bender and I will end up feeling far worse at the end of it than I do already!
Isn't that Something my friend even though we have all the past experiences and know that we can not drink normal that is pushed aside for the insanity. I guess what they say is so true that all the knowledge in the world isn't enough to keep us from the drink.

One thing that is cool though is that you are posting. That is a step in the right direction. Hope your doing OK
Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Aw stoney!!!!!

cuddling up in the blankets and snoozing and daydreaming can help to get through too! :ghug
try white cheese dip too.... maybe whilst daydreaming....white cheese dip and big ole restaurant style chips with salt and sweet tea.... mmmmmm....
Old 09-28-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OK Now that I have read all the responses I am getting hungry
Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chance View Post
OK Now that I have read all the responses I am getting hungry
hehe... food is advice for lots of things.... just trying to help

yeah... i admit it i'm starving too...
Old 09-28-2008, 09:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Stone... good job!!! And you know if you'd picked up you'd have been sick longer, right? You feel better at the moment but alcohol suppresses the immune system. Sorry to put down ages of British "medicinal" hot toddies, but thems the facts! You did great to post.

You don't need to defend your steak and kidney pie btw. I am American but a lovely British woman cooked it for me once and it was tasty. We just have issues with organ meat, it's totally illogical and we miss out on a lot of good food because of it!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:20 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You are a perfect example of how to make this forum work for you! I'm so glad you found the strength not only to not drink, but to reach out for help.

Another day, Stone...and you made it a Great One!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:22 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
where the light is

I am cooking steak and kidney pudding...
I have NOT been hungry since I read this.

I now have a new appreciation for "do whatever it takes".

Kidding Stone...I'm sure it's delicious!

Nice thread!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Stone,
Good job for posting instead of drinking! I have been in your place many times (except my trigger is two weeks, not three). What I've been telling myself lately is that when I get that depressed/f*** it feeling, I want to try something different to get through it. If I really, really regret my sobriety, I can always choose to drink next time.

I bet when you wake up sober in the morning you're going to feel so proud of yourself!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you, Stone!
This is a great thread and it is amazing to watch how you are getting through the craving!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
not a greeter

One more suggestion babes ... you might give your doctor a ring about the depression kicking in again. He may change your meds during this difficult time?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:03 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Stone - I am so glad you posted before you drank! That's great to see. Usually you post after you drink and it's always a shock. I also remember you are like me in that it takes us about 1 full week. A whole week!!!! to feel better after drinking. So yes, it is insanity. Steak & kidney pie was one of my father's favorite's. I think I want to vommit just thinking of the smell of it.

Just wanted to offer support and say, I don't know you well but I am really proud that you posted before you drank. It's a big step towards changing that pattern. Plus, so many people here care about you. I'm glad you let them (us) offer support to you when you need it. Keep posting in here if you are still on the fence. Let us at least try to talk you out of it. Thank you.

Kathleen
Old 09-28-2008, 10:08 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Stone - The fact that you posted instead of picking up, showcases what SR is all about.
So glad you decided to post
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Stoney...

Put aside the self defeating thoughts.

Depression..three week trigger..illness..whatever it is.

Don't drink "no matter what" !

Love you so much babes..

Fire those PM's if need be.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thanks to all who posted. It has been a long time since I reached out and I am so grateful for your responses.

I ate and then had a nap, I have woken up in bad mood but no cravings...I am sick of this cold and the cravings it has intensified!

I hope I feel well enough to do some exercise tomorrow and to go to a meeting on Tuesday.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

Sending some strong vibes your way~~~~~~~~and some warm Florida sunshine.