Notices

Telling Children about your addicition

Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Michelle

Telling Children about your addicition

You wonderful wonderful people... I have yet another question. My boyfriend, well sperm donor is now is recovery. How does he explain this to his so who's mother is actively using coke and drinking? I said keep the focus on him, apologize to him, recognize how scary it was for him. How the hell DYFS didnt get involved I am baffled being she has tested positive 2 times in the past but that is out of my control. The only reason I am so passionate about this is because he is the brother of my unborn son and I want him to get all the help he possiblely can. Any other ideas? Love to you all!!!

Michelle
Old 09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Michelle. I don't have ideas because I don't have children, just giving your thread support. I do not envy you your task. I know someone will be around to offer their ESH on this matter. The weekends are fairly quiet so don't take it personal if it takes awhile to get a response.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ph.D in insanity!!

How old is the child? If the mother does not have custody do you really need to explain anything as of yet? It all depends on the age. A child does not want to hear horrible things about their parent no matter what so it's a very delicate subject. Has the child asked?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Michelle.

Wow... I feel so bad for that little boy. Kids need a stable environment and an addict can't give them that. Is he living with you and his father or is he still with his mom?