Notices

Friday nights, bags of liquor flood the streets

Old 09-26-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Friday nights, bags of liquor flood the streets

No night is harder for abstinence than Friday and Saturday. Walk through the mall and each body is currently wreaking up a sweat, waiting for the moment where they can devour their spirits. They want it so bad, every heart beat is for this moment. Joy bangers, William S. Burroughs in the book Junky said joy bangers were people who only did heroin on weekends. Drug addicts with luck, is there such a thing? Still with every drink I die and with every drink they live. Such cruelty to be kidnapped by the very thing you hoped would be your escape to joy.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Oxford,

Sounds like quite a party in the streets. I guess things have not changed all that much since my college days. I’m hiding out in the basement with my little lap top and server.

My wife and I were invited to a freinds house for dinner, drinks and a hang over. I declined.

Hang in there my friend

Ed
Old 09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You might want to attend an AA meeting
plenty of sober new friends there you have not met.

There is nothing exciteing to me about drugs and alcohol.
The fun bottles were long gone before I quit.

Good to see you again....
Old 09-27-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My wife and I were invited to a freinds house for dinner, drinks and a hang over. I declined.
HA....
Old 09-27-2008, 03:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

That was beautifully written Oxford! Friday is my trigger day, more than Saturday. Drugs and alcohol, my best friends became my worst enemies! How I wish I could have stuck to just weekends. Oh well, life goes on, just different!!
Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know, that's why I just stay away from it. Might put a really bad idea in my head that I don't think I'd be able to live with, afford, forgive myself, be freaked out..........

I happen to be in a really crappy mood and "normally" I would be smashed out of my mind but I'm not. I'm trying to find other things to cheer myself up. It's 6:30 in the morning and I think I'm going to find a movie to watch on my Comcast on Demand. Last night I made myself a great dinner. Unfortunately I then had a friend call who went on about getting my "good morning" texts too early in the morning and the first thing I said when he called was that I was "tired and stressed" and he still went on about it followed with "so what are you tired and stressed about?" I would LOVE to drink at him and every other thing that's p1ssing me off right now but I'd only be hurting myself.

I know it's hard but for me I HAVE to try to put the focus back ON ME!!!! Where it belongs and I mean that in a wonderful way. I'm having a crappy day, would love to be able to drink, wish people weren't such asses but I deserve way better than that........... hoping it gets better.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It will get better. You doing great!
Old 09-27-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It only gets better, talk to God:ghug2