Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

This isn't what it's meant for, but, is anyone here right now?

Notices

Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

because the amount of lulz that I have created for myself is just..just..a lot.

I got on a new medicine, buspar, and the fifth day I took it really not comfortable things started going on, the best I can describe it is like..electrical pulses in the backs of both my hands, my chest, and my face.

So I called my pharmacist, who is a really good guy, and knows a lot about alcoholism because of things in his immediate family..I'm not going to go into detail, I figure you all know what I mean there.

annnd he was on his honeymoon, and not there. I'm not irrationally mad at him for that, which I honestly could have been a time or two ago, but the guy who was on call there was just...not....very knowing about that medicine.

So, I stopped taking it.

Then, being the most awesome person on the planet, I used that as an excuse to start drinking again.

This was monday some time.

I had not had a drink in over a month, which really doesn't sound like a lot, but it does amazing things to your tolerance.

anyway, last evening I called a guy I know from AA and gave him my car keys, because I knew I was drunk and was afraid that I would drive.

But, here is the lulz part..I've had like 80+ beers since whenever on monday, and I have my xanax, I have my b vitamines, I made sure I don't have my car keys, I gave my checks to a lady I used to work with (her brother is an alocholic, she knows how it goes, so she didn't ask question when I called her and said "will you please come over and take away my money?" .she just said "yes, I will" and she did. Bless her heart)...but this detox is going to be so, so, so bad. I'm honestly afraid of it. And sometime between when I talked to my friend from AA last night and just now...my cell got turned off for non payment.

I found that out while I was trying to call the hospital to see if they would come get me.

But I can't bring myself to hit 911 on it, which is the only number that will work now, because I don't see this as an emergancy.

So, what in the entire world do I do?

Five am advice please
Old 09-26-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

ouch @ the 8 people who read this and said nothing at all.

And yes, I am aware that this qualifies as "epic lulz"
Old 09-26-2008, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ano
So, what in the entire world do I do?
walk to the ER!

and if its too far, stil walk...

send up smoke signals if need....
Old 09-26-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would try walking to a neighbor, tell 'em your phone is out and you want to get to a hospital, may you use their phone (write down number(s) you want to call and take them with you to neighbor's). Call AA or a similar help line and tell them your plight. They will help you 24/7.

...afterthought...the 911 operator can probably refer you to a help line. Also there are toll free (800) help lines too if there is a pay phone you can walk to. Look it up before you go.

For that matter you can probably get live help on line too.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, please go to the ER.

Let us know how you're doing.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:praying for you my friend. Get the ER, as everyone else has said. Let us know you are okay when you return home. I hope that's where you are right now.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sweetie, so sorry that people saw this and didn't respond!!! I just saw this right now. Are you ok??? Have you gone to the ER yet? ABSOLUTELY call 911!!! Detoxing is incredibly dangerous on your own and in your heart you know that you need help right now!

Post anytime...we're here...
Old 09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sending you support, anodyne. keep posting. and get to the er. hugs, k
Old 09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through this. You have support here. The other people just didn't know what to say...maybe they were struggling with something last night also. Hope you are okay today.