SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 6: Annoying eye twitches and keeping on the path (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/158474-day-6-annoying-eye-twitches-keeping-path.html)

Michael10 09-24-2008 09:57 AM

Day 6: Annoying eye twitches and keeping on the path

Soon it will be a week without any alcohol, which to some may not seem like a lot while to others it may seem like an eternity.

The eye twitches, which I recently discovered were an alcohol withdrawal symptom, were as bad as ever yesterday. It was certainly an annoyance and a challenge, but I told myself that drinking would have even worse consequences.

I went to try and visit an old friend who has been sober nearly two years now. Unfortunately, she wasn't at her work so I did not get to sit down and talk to her yet. We have a lot in common professionally and drinking-wise so I think it would be helpful to reach out to her.

I know that I will need a support group to do this as it is not something to do alone.

NewDayNow 09-24-2008 10:14 AM

Michael,

Your doing great!

Ed

Toomutch 09-24-2008 10:18 AM

Michael - I know how bothersome eye twitching can be. I had it in early recovery, and during some stressful times.

staying sober is worth it, the twitching should soon go away. :)

Bamboozle 09-24-2008 10:59 AM

I have twitching, but I have it in different places all over my body. At random, something will just start twitching...some days it's worse than others. :dunno:

Pretty calm today, though... :)

mle-sober 09-24-2008 11:04 AM

Wow!! I had no idea those eye twitches were related to recovery! I had them for about 2 months after I got sober. They tappered off slowly in my 3rd month. Wow. Interesting. I didn't associate it with my recovery. Thanks for the illumination.

Hang in there. You are doing great. Just stay sober today. (Sorry for the cliche, but keeping my thought focused on each day really helped me in the earliest days and months.) I still have to do that, actually. I only have 7 1/2 months so it's not like I'm an old timer.

Also, remember that it really do get better. It is slow and painful but you will look up one evening and realize that you haven't thought about alcohol all day.

Rooting for you, MLE

FizzyWater 09-24-2008 12:18 PM

I suffered from twitches too.

Amazing how quick you forget though.

Haven't even thought about twitches for weeks now until I read this.

Good to remember why I don't want to go back there.

back2theliving 09-24-2008 06:37 PM

I was also wondering why I was getting eye twitches wowsers!

nogard 09-24-2008 07:34 PM

Congrats Micheal, have you seen a doctor yet?

Kevin

coffeenut 09-24-2008 07:47 PM

The twitches mean you're beating that monster. You're doing Great!

ladyybug 07-05-2015 03:44 PM

I've been having the same problem.. I'm on day 12

CaseyW 07-05-2015 04:16 PM

I was the opposite and had the twitching sometimes when drinking or hungover. I had actually forgot about that problem until you brought it up just now as I do not remember experiencing it in my 59 days sober this time. Hmm...yet another thing to be grateful for.

Dee74 07-05-2015 04:34 PM

Welcome to SR ladyybug :)

D

PurpleKnight 07-05-2015 04:45 PM

Welcome to the Forum Ladyybug!! :wave:

Findingtheway 07-05-2015 04:59 PM

I had the eye twitches too...they subsided and eventually stopped all together after a few months.

Stay the course. You'll see improvement in time.