Notices

Frustrated

Old 09-22-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

To start everything is going well, but there is a little of frustration in me. Maybe it is the end of the month and I know my boss gets crazy. I am frustarted cause I am loking for a part time job or even a full time time cause I am not makeing enough to live on. I like what I do but it is hard to make ends meat. I know that the more I sober that financial problems will go away but It is hard now.
I can see how my life is changeing for the best cause I have been asked to speak at an ilumni meeting and getting an award a week later but I still cant get rid of this frustration at times. I have to take it one day at a time, I also think it is hard cause i have time at work to take off but at the end month it is hard to take off. I look everyday for a new job, nothing is comeing up right now. I guess i need more time. If anyone has any suggestions I am willing to listen to. thank you
Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Life in general can be so frustrating especially in today's world with the economy sinking. One day at a time, one minute at a time, and what I can't control or fix goes to the wayside for HP to handle. Today I will not drink, today I will try to focus on the positives I have, today can be a good day if I let it.

Congratulations on the award and the illumni meeting and your sobriety, quite a lot of positives in this day.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find that focusing on the good as much as possible helps with frustration. I know, "don't sing me a sunny song" but what else can you do if you're already doing your best? I feel your frustration. Know that you aren't alone in trying to make ends meet. Hang in there!

No rain. No rainbows.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

I accept frustration as a normal part of life. Things won't always go the way I want them to. What I do find is that my frustration always passes but sometimes it takes time. All I can do is stay sober, work hard, and be patient. I keep a journal and when I look back, I find that my anxiety did pass and things worked out okay. On some things, I have to keep a longer term perspective. Drinking will only make the anxiety and my life worse.

I also meditate on my blessings, what is really important to me. My family, friends, health, and sobriety.